Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

never2many

Menopause & Hot Flashes- relief needed!

never2many

I have been suffering from extreme hot flashes, mostly at night.  It is causing total lack of sleep.  I am up every 15 minutes and feel like someone placed by body in an oven, and then I get freezing cold.  I have started taking Black Cohosh Root and Soy Isoflavones, which has helped decrease my symptoms by 50%.  Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this and any advice on what may offer relief. 

Dumbass#1
On 1/24/2017 at 2:08 PM, never2many said:

I have been suffering from extreme hot flashes, mostly at night.  It is causing total lack of sleep.  I am up every 15 minutes and feel like someone placed by body in an oven, and then I get freezing cold.  I have started taking Black Cohosh Root and Soy Isoflavones, which has helped decrease my symptoms by 50%.  Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this and any advice on what may offer relief. 

You probably don't want to do this but the only thing that's helped me - (and I can deal with the night hot flashes but not day because sweat literally starts pouring of my body , skin turns beat red, it's very embarrassing) - is hormones. I know people don't like to take them for obvious reasons but there's just nothing else that helps my body.  I've tried some other meds that help with sweating but it doesn't eliminate the hot flash for me.  

Jam1976

The only thing that has helped me was an extreme dietary and lifestyle change ( lots of exercise and healthy eating) and most of all perhaps was Thrivage by Sunhorse Energy. I'm young to be going through the process but it runs in my family.  My mom went through menopause at age 42. 

No more hot flashes,  my mood swings are greatly diminished, I've noticed huge benefits to this product. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but take the time to look it up to see if you think it would work for you.  It's natural, non-toxic and has other health benefits as well. 

• Like 1

Dumbass#1

@Jam1976, awesome - thanks for the suggestion on the product. 

• Like 1

susie

i am late to this thread, but for what it's worth, black cohosh really helped my sister, and did nothing for me.   i change my diet to cut way down on sugars, not keto level but looked closely at carbs and sugars.   ~6 months later the hot flashes have been greatly reduced.   either the diet or as i age they are reducing.    i've heard black cohosh from other than my sister so it's great if it works for you.

here's the good news...they eventually go away!    best wishes to you!

Edited by susie
  • Like 1

bdz

Soy isoflavones and/or some "menopause support" blend of herbs have helped me when they get to be a bit much. 

One of these days, I may try out estradiol cream and see if it can help w/my bones.  I'm over 2 yrs post-meno, had most of the risk factors for osteoporosis, so I asked a doctor about the DEXA scan, and a bit unsurprisingly, but frighteningly enough - I've got osteopenia.  Looking at my scanned pelvis (it don't look right) and reading those numbers has made my anxiety skyrocket!  Scan was 2 days ago, w/the report & disc 10min. after getting scanned.

The kicker is, I was (and still am) tapering from 6 months of 5mg val, and those 2mg tapering tabs don't come so easily.  And IOP source of liquid v is gone.  I just finished my last bit of that (I'd have more left, but my clumsy self spilled 50mg/ml when first emptying the ampoules into a bottle for oral admin. 

But knowing I've lost some bone mass, well, is a loss, and I'm frightened, and so tempted to updose to 10mg daily and undo all the hard work I'd put into this slow taper I started last month.  I have 1 more day on 4mg, then planned to start on 3.5mg - and I've done several by now - but I feel like, fuck the taper!  The only thing keeping it worth staying the course is that sources have dried up like crazy, and doctor visits are crazy expensive!  And this doc only wrote me for #30 2mg w/no refills.  Pill mills around here have even taken a hit, as if it wasn't hard enough already.

I could resign myself to being on a full 5-10mg daily for the rest of my miserable life, but tolerance sucks ass, hence the repeated medication vacations.

Anyway, back on topic, I started having bad night sweats back in 2003, w/no other signs of meno, except for menses being consistently closer together for the longest time.  I had to change my pjs up to 3x/night, sometimes even the sheets got soaked (sweat, not urine - waist up).  So for me anyway, they're not nearly as frequent nor as severe, but it still interrupts sleep, as do more bladder urges.

As someone who's always been intolerant to the cold, I'd looked forward to hot flashes back in my youth.  Little did I know, that they're called hot *flashes* for a reason:  it's like a faulty internal thermostat...there's this feeling from inside the chest, suddenly I need to disrobe, drink something cool, throw open a window, or run a fan....then, about a min or 2 later, I'm okay again, so I get dressed and all, only to have chills that can go on for a  few hours....bundling up, hot beverage, burying beneath several blankets, heat on, sitting in my sauna, lather, rinse and repeat.  And on those days, I tend to be more prone to random out of the blue panic attacks.

• Haha 1