Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

mandraxx

Movies about heroin addiction

bett.1234

I remember hearing that "Trainspotting" and "Requiem for a Dream" were great movies ... but I had no idea they were about addiction until I read this post. I just watched the trailers and now I'm dying to watch both movies! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread today. Movies and TV shows can be helpful when dealing with addiction. Of course, that's why I chose the Nurse Jackie picture for my profile - I loved watching that show because I could totally relate to her character. 

If anyone has any other recommendations for movies or shows about addiction/drugs/recovery, I'd love to hear them. I now have a very long list of movies to watch: 

1. Trainspotting
  2. Requiem for a Dream
  3. Clean and Sober
  4. 28 Days
  5. The Panic in Needle Park
  6. Less than Zero
  7. Collateral Beauty

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

2earls

Sid and Nancy

• Like 2

Toker

1  -  Black Tar Heroin: The Dark End of the Street  (1999)  LINK

-  Puppet on a Chain  (1971)  LINK

-  Synanon  (1965)  Trailer

-  Clean  (2004)  Trailer

-  H  (1990)  IMDB

• Like 1

Def_Starr

i try to avoid movies like this because it makes me want to buy C0c@1n3, i dont like movies or documentaries that can set triggers especially if you are prone to getting hooked on something quick... 

Patrice
On 8/15/2017 at 5:14 PM, Mhise said:

The panic in needle park. Great movie most don't know exist

I have seen The Panic in Needle Park a few times.  That was one of Al Pacino’s first movies and that is why he got the role of Michael in The Godfather Movies.. Most people haven’t seen or heard about it because it’s Not shown a lot and that’s a shame because that movie is real. The people shooting dope were real junkies.  It didn’t sugar coat anything.  That movie was my life.. I hustled the streets sold shit and myself for a fix.  I think if someone who’s in honking about shooting dope would watch it first, hopefully they won’t.. I wish it was shown more because it’s a hell of a lot more real than some of the other movies. It shows the way our lives go down so fast.. I like the fact that they never brought 12 steps into it.. It did touch on Methadone,  but since Methadone as still on the early stages they didn’t really go anywhere with it. This movie shows them real disease.. If anyone gets a chance please watch it. It’s a lot better than Trainspotting or Reqruim for a dream..

Conceited

Don't know about movie but seen some good documentareis about herion addiction. Teenage herion epidemic is one another is herion facing the dragon all on youtube

Marlena

Gia starring Angelina Jolie. True story about a model with heroin addiction who ultimately died of AIDs. Good flick.

Rec

Hi guys I was just reading the thread and one that popped to mind is The basketball diaries with Leo Di caprio. Good old movie. 

sweetmelissa589

@girlgerms   Best addiction movie ever!  I was a H addict for a few years and this movie gives me chills down my spine every time I watch it. 

Rec

I thou of another very hard hitt ser that was on UK and Scottish TV called looking after Joe Jo, with Robert Carlile in from the full monty..... Good actor good really good watch. 

Doestevsky
Posted (edited)

As far as watching movies like trainspotting or even shows like intervention it always seems to kick up my shit. It drives me to use. Usually this is the rule although there are exceptions. "Requiem for a dream" was a favorite of mine many years ago but now id rather listen to the song than watch the movie...

Edited by Doestevsky

bud

Christian F.  1981