Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Sign in to follow this  
deadly

Any Skin Care Junkies? I love Vitamin C Serum

LBGIRL213

A lot of my coworkers use and love Obagi. I have only sampled it so didn't use it long enough to make a decision, but it's not cheap. I want to get the whole set soon.  Also as I've aged, and trying skin and eye creams over the years, nothing ever made that much of a difference except for strivectin and Murad vitamin C. And since the others who posted here seem to like the Vit C,  I am going to get some more. Anyone use Murad and other Vit C products/serums and have any comparisons? 

Suzyqalp
On 1/6/2017 at 2:11 AM, 2earls said:

I'm pretty boring when it comes to skin care. I started using Clinique when I was a teenager for similar problems as yours @girlgerms and I had oily, sensitive skin. Even after the bad teenage years I just stuck with it. I like to try something new once in awhile, but I always come back.

Some of my girlfriends would question why I used moisturizer if I had oily skin and I just said because it's part of the 3 step program. I have to say now that maybe I was brilliant because I have the youngest looking face of all my peers except one. It's more likely genes but it could be many years of Clinique moisturizer so if there are any young ladies out there reading; get on it.

@girlgerms where do you buy this Herbal Authority? I just use the basic drugstore makeup removing wipes. Neutrogena or whatever.

My dermatologist told me that Neutrogena wipes are the best. Prior to washing your face to remove make up. So if it comes down to facial wipes Neutrogena is what my dermatologist definitely recommend and she also said cleansing your face with Dove is great as well. She prescribed me a serum that was over $100 and she also prescribed me a facial cleanser that was a mail order prescription. All were very expensive. Neutrogena wipes and then cleansing with Dove have worked very well I have a very clear skin, however a VERY annoying crease on my forehead.  At the moment I am using the very expensive serum  I purchased VERY sparingly and I have seen a dramatic difference. However funds are very limited at this time and when the  serum runs out it will be Neutrogena wipes and Dove.  I hate the thought of using injections to get rid of my four head crease.  So when funds are limited and other bills are priority I stick to Neutrogena wipes and dove as a cleanser...  I would love to know the vitamin C serum that @deadly is talking about! 

• Like 1

Suzyqalp

I'd love to know what  vitamin C serum you are using! I'm in dire need of a good vit c  serum! @deadly could you help me out? 😘 many thanks friend!! 

CopperGirl

I am a beauty junkie!  I've been a freelance makeup artist for 15 years and have been obsessed with skincare since my teens.

My fave Vitamin C serum is Paula's Choice - I really notice a difference (brightening) when I use it.  The product name is RESIST C15 Super Booster.  I also love Hyaluronic Acid serums for weightless moisture - after trying many I always come back to Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 gel (just wish it wasn't so spendy!).

marye17us

@deadly I have used Vinbriance with C and love it. Would highly highly!

D0gma19

Coconut oil

coacoa butter

shea butter

natural oils

i just try to stay away from anything that has to many ingredients and I think my skin has been doing well thus far. 

I dont don’t want to trying Vitamin C serum tho

porkandbeansboy

Not sure if this Topic was meant to be exclusively Vitamin C only Product use or  if it can contain Vitamin C and well the one I just started trying out has like a bunch of all natural things I think it is designed for Woman more so than Men like most good Facial care products but reality deponds on your skin type not Gender.

I got this Ali&Shay Facial Moisturizer with things like Aloe Vera, Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin  B6 I think and Vitamin C and E and stuff like that it really has it all for a very cheap price too, on top of being a great facial moisturizer for when I get out of the shower daily.

It is an Age Preventative  - Anti-Aging/Moisturizer combination and since I am very young person I don't need specifically Retinol since I'm young enough to have adequate Cell-Turnover Rate. Which this has literally everything I need all natural and packed into one cheap Bottle but without any Retinol since they made a different Product with Retinol only and in higher amounts than the low Retinol content this specific Product use to have and it seems you can't get literally anything Age Prevention/Anti-Aging with this many ingredients without also having Retinol added into the mix in varying % Amount in each Product.

Edited by porkandbeansboy
Adding more details.

AnnaSofia

Oh hell yes I’m a makeup and skin care junkie! Mostly makeup, but I love me some retin-a, glycolic or lactic acid peels, and always trying to find a lifting eye serum or treatment that will make my genetically hooded 😩 eyes appear less hooded. If anyone knows of any skincare products that actually make a significant difference I’m all ears. I used to use medical grade things from Obaji but too expensive to keep up with.

Oddly enough, I’ve been very impressed with products by The Ordinary. Everything is literally under $10 and the acids and retinols are actually really good. In fact the retinol is pretty damn great for those who typically get irritation from                 retin-a/retinols. And they make an AhA peel that is great. It is potent and does sting but it’s not crazy..  it just lets you know it’s not messing around! Look into it if you want super affordable fairly potent anti agers. Sephora and Ulta carry the line.

Im 37 and started seeing several forehead lines super early and hated it!! So I would be remiss if I didn’t say that getting a little Botox in the forehead was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. It’s worth every penny. It will blow you away, as long as you’re subtle with it it! Also going to a doctor instead of a nurse injector has resulted in a significantly better outcome for me. It costs me $400 every 3.5 to 4 months as I get in only in a few specific places on the forehead. I know some people are anti-Botox and that’s cool too, but Botox is at the low end of my list of things I should stop doing. 

happy holidays all., 

AS