Jump to content

Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlee

My Cats on Suboxone

Recommended Posts

Heavenlee

I posted somewhere else I forgot about our pets forum . First of all I am not very original with names. I have four cats all strays that assholes just leave in the woods behind my house. There's white cat, black cat gray cat and our newest arrival orange cat. We found him with his leg almost mutilated off, they did save his leg but he can't walk well. I have to carry him up and down the stairs and pick him up to sleep with me. He had a huge tumor on the side of his face. He had surgery last week on his face/ear and has been wearing a collar, except to eat. I just can't understand why or how a person could treat an animal like this. I would love to hurt these people! Anyways, long story short his leg and his tumor operations were costly but wotth it. Now this is the crazy part. My cat gets 3 mg of Suboxone/buphenrphine every 6 hours.  He seems to love it. I have it in syringes that is difficult to spray in his mouth pisses me off that it gets waste! Damn it after all this he better give me son

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Conceited

How long will the cat be on that medicine? Couldn't imagine going through a wd whilst tapering of that amount of daily bupe, and not being able to communicate that I don't feel well or in pain because the taper is to much to quick,if I was a cat. Its bad enough as a human.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heavenlee

We only kept him the old boy on it for 3 days, he had surgery and his little lamp thing for his head came off and he tore open his stitches really bad. I took him to an emergency vet and he gave me 21 syringes! I called my doctor on Monday and he said to stop giving it to him and give him half a human 81 mg dose of aspirin. He was pissed off at the ER doctor gave him that much to begin with. I'm glad I stopped right away, he's old and in bad shape but would hate to have him withdraws also. My vet who I trust said aspirin will work fine. Thanks for asking! And to be honest before you asked I never thought of him going through wd's, so glad I called his vet!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbass#1
On June 25, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Heavenlee said:

I posted somewhere else I forgot about our pets forum . First of all I am not very original with names. I have four cats all strays that assholes just leave in the woods behind my house. There's white cat, black cat gray cat and our newest arrival orange cat. We found him with his leg almost mutilated off, they did save his leg but he can't walk well. I have to carry him up and down the stairs and pick him up to sleep with me. He had a huge tumor on the side of his face. He had surgery last week on his face/ear and has been wearing a collar, except to eat. I just can't understand why or how a person could treat an animal like this. I would love to hurt these people! Anyways, long story short his leg and his tumor operations were costly but wotth it. Now this is the crazy part. My cat gets 3 mg of Suboxone/buphenrphine every 6 hours.  He seems to love it. I have it in syringes that is difficult to spray in his mouth pisses me off that it gets waste! Damn it after all this he better give me son

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I had that for one of my kitty's too @Heavenlee, when he had surgery for a cancer scare. Same deal too - pre-dosed syringes and I'd just squirt the liquid in his mouth. Really helped his pain. I WISH it helped my pain that well!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jools

You know. The vets here in the UK have been prescribing metacam for all pain and they don't seem to care that it can damage kidneys. The one thing you must not give them is paracetamol ( Tylenol in US) I think ?

Our pets mean so much to us and we do all we can. I habe given small amounts of oramorph to my old boy Baxter, when he was in his last days. I've had 3 die in the last 2 years and it hurts but I find vets here are money grabbing bastards. They charged me so much for prednisolone and I asked if it was the same as I bet and was told it was specially made and formulated for pets. It was exactly the same packaging and tablets mi got stiffed for £70 and £90 for 7 X 5mg pills. I habe to take 8 a day when I'm flare and it costs 0.40 PENNIES for a weeks supply. How do they live with themselves @Heavenlee ?

good on you for saving cats. I feed many who visit 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heavenlee

@Pooner2013 and @Jools I'm just glad that they can give meds that pets do not hurt or are not in pain, but it's a sad state of affairs that we don't help humans that are in pain. @Jools I would have done the same thing for your boy Baxter. I know we're all probably the same, it's so much harder to see an animal hurt than a human. I guess we are desensitized to it, and that's sad in itself!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbass#1

Cats do take bup but not suboxone. That's a hysterical notion though ...my kitty has a bit of an addiction problem so we're going to send her off to kitty rehab and get her on suboxone. That's kind of funny?.  

Edited by Pooner2013
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rec

My sisters do is on 100mg trams and gapentin 400mg after having alot of health issues with her weineremier, I think t is how y spell it she's had over 10,000 pounds of surgery luckily she s insured but now we've decided to canc the insurance and just keep givi her the meds as she is a sorry lookin thing beautiful dog but I don't think she my sis that is can bear the loss factor as she is so attached to her dog but her husbands just walked out on her poor girl anyway the dog seems fine when she is on the meds but when not she looks like she is in pain. How we love our pet's so much they are part of the family. Peace 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2earls

I was reading the last post and the title of this thread and it got me thinking that it's probably easier for a dog to get a prescription than for a human being these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rec

Yes I agree 2earls what a strange world we are all in, maybe I go to the vet next time I m out of my meds ha ha. All the best to you guys over the pond. Rec 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
never2many
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:14 AM, 2earls said:

I was reading the last post and the title of this thread and it got me thinking that it's probably easier for a dog to get a prescription than for a human being these days.

There was recently a news piece on our local station here that said some people now are inflicting injury on their pets in order to score meds through the vet, not for the animal they just injured, but for themselves. Ughhh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank White

I have a ginger cat too... never given him bupe though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downhomeguy

Had a few rabbits over the years and every time they were in pain we came home with a vial buprenorphine to be given orally or subq every 12 hours. 10ml vial cost about $5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fenrir
On 2/28/2019 at 9:11 AM, Rec said:

My sisters do is on 100mg trams and gapentin 400mg after having alot of health issues with her weineremier, I think t is how y spell it she's had over 10,000 pounds of surgery luckily she s insured but now we've decided to canc the insurance and just keep givi her the meds as she is a sorry lookin thing beautiful dog but I don't think she my sis that is can bear the loss factor as she is so attached to her dog but her husbands just walked out on her poor girl anyway the dog seems fine when she is on the meds but when not she looks like she is in pain. How we love our pet's so much they are part of the family. Peace 

Wow 10k on vet bills. That's crazy, but you're going to do what you can for your pets. Rather give 10k to a dog than some people if I even had 10k to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...