Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Itchy

Post your favorite pet pic?

2earls

I'm so happy you are still together @Nikolas.  He's happier with you no matter what shape you are in.

• Like 2

dotcomkotr

yeh if given plenty of exercise the cocker is an amazingly loyal dog, we used to keep them, i have a 4 year an 10 month old pair of hooligans now both staff.. as loyal as u like, my boy  bronson is what you would call the ideal dog comes an says hello then goes finds the best seat in the house then u dont hear off him until hes hungry or needs to go out. storm, my pup...well loool she is a whirlwind. worse than my kids :) they are a crucial part of my life really, they get me out an about an i dont really go out at all other than with them or the odd accompanied trip. il post pics of them when i get a min....

• Like 1

Jools

Thank you very much @Marigold as that is encouraging. I do have a good size back garden and Vinny enjoys going out and we are leaving the back door open right now. I run hot anyway so it's fine with me. What really needs to happen is for Sophie to start to really bond with him, play with him and enjoy him. I find that it's me who will do this and , no doubt, it won't harm me but I need to know the cats are going to be ok. If pushed then I will push her and him out if she doesn't pull her finger out. She was out shooting the boxing at Bethnal Green last night and I had him with me, walked him & played with him. I do love him but I can have periods where I am bed bound so I need to know she will prioritise her responsibilities is all. 

Many thanks 

Jools
On 23/09/2016 at 10:01 PM, Nikolas said:

And here he is PIT my old now cocker 11 year old, the best friend I ever had. I regret to say hat this is the phot when Itied to give him away. I did so because I am sick from M.S but at the end I changed my mind he is here with me now and we are getting old together.

aggelia-21088-xarizetai-skilos-coker-spaniel-RU5F9TRWX.jpg

@Nikolas I suffer with Crohn's and that's bad enough but I also have an extremely rare form of vasculitis called Wegeners granulomatosis and treatment is chemo and more. Please don't give up on a pet that has been with you all of its life. To you they are a part of their world but, to them, you are their entire world. I have times where I can't get out of bed but I guess it easier with cats though we now have the new arrival of Vinny. You would never forgive yourself if you let your companion go. Please do t think I am judging from afar, I habe found that my pets are much nicer and loyal than most people I've met. 

Wishing you all the best mate 

• Like 2

Nikolas

Bleess u all for all your comments my Friends. PIT is sending all of you his greetings as well.

• Like 3

Jellopanda

So here are my pets:

First Ask, he's appropriately named Ask as he's a Norwegian Forest Cat and Ask and Embla were the two first humans in Norse Mythology.

Secondly, Ramses, equally appropriately named as he's an Abyssinian, who are originally from Egypt. First recognized cat race in fact.

Thirdly are my two Whippets. Gunnar and Børre (norwegian male names)

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

1238247_546642962073536_289260564_n.jpg

1653344_738515412886289_5370813811823548591_n.jpg

• Like 2

Heavenlee

@Jellopanda those are the coolest cats and dogs I've ever seen! I didn't even know there were Norwegian Forest Cats or Absynnian Cats! All I have our feral cats with half their ear cut off to show they were captured and nurtured or spayed then let loose to run in the wild. I am the crazy cat lady everyone has in their neighborhood. Seriously I never know how many cats I have my son finds strays and hides them in his man cave in the basement. So now back at my house I Ohio  my husband and my brother in law are taking care of them, and my husband hates cats, well hates a strong word, he tolerates them. Thank god for my brother in law @killbill420 he loves them and they love him. They pooped on all my good shoes, I swear they hate me! Seriously you have the coolest animals I've ever seen! The dogs, whippets, don't see those much in the states either. 

Jellopanda

Thought i would also post my mother's cat too. A Bengal Cat called Pardalis, as he looks a little bit like a grey Ocelot (whose latin name is Leopardus Pardalis). I'm thinking about getting one myself since they're fantastic cats. Not only do they look amazing, but they have great personalities (which is more important to me than appearance). That is if you like very active, intelligent, attention-seeking cats, which i do. Pardalis loves to turn on the faucets in my mother's sinks to play with the water and opens the front door when people knock on it.

Been in contact with a Bengal Cat breeder and she's very strict about who she sells to, but she's ready now to sell me a kitten who is super-cute and likely to become very large as both her parents are (they're generally very large cats). Haven't decided yet tho, because firstly it costs 2500 dollars and secondly they're fiercely territorial, which may cause problems with my two other cats and my two dogs. Especially the dogs may get it rough.

Post got a bit longer than planned, but i finally get to the picture of Pardalis.

11.jpg

• Like 1

Jellopanda
On 9/7/2016 at 3:01 PM, Jools said:

Two of my little furkids. The small lady is Brianne and she may be small but has a presence that would shame many people. She has catitude. 

The big boy is Armorica Viking raider but his pet name is Cosmo. He is now just under 14kg of Maine coon and some people are scared of him but he is the gentlest and lovely pet you could wish for

image.jpeg

@Jools I absolutely love your Maine Coon. He's impressive, majestic even. 

14 kg you say. That's really big even for a Maine Coon. Is that ideal weight for him?

There is some dispute among breeders whether Maine Coon or Bengal Cat is the largest cat race. My mother's Bengal is only 8 kg, but size and weight does vary a lot for both races.

I've always wanted a Maine Coon, but never had one, but i think i will get one at some point. Feels like one of the eighteen cats who shared my home in my life one of them should've been a Maine Coon.

As far as i know no one really knows what the origin of the Maine Coon race is, but the most popular theory is that they're descended from Norwegian Forest Cats brought over to America by Norsemen who mated with short hair cats. Which i think is cool since as you can see above one of my cats is a Norwegian Forest Cat. Certainly those two races are the ones who most resemble each other.

• Like 1

dotcomkotr

My pup storm is currently in her first season, hence the nappy ?? stops my male getting at her an doesn't ruin my sofa ?

1475921021516-2034599789.jpg

Edited by dotcomkotr

Jools
On 08/10/2016 at 9:25 AM, Jellopanda said:

@Jools I absolutely love your Maine Coon. He's impressive, majestic even. 

14 kg you say. That's really big even for a Maine Coon. Is that ideal weight for him?

There is some dispute among breeders whether Maine Coon or Bengal Cat is the largest cat race. My mother's Bengal is only 8 kg, but size and weight does vary a lot for both races.

I've always wanted a Maine Coon, but never had one, but i think i will get one at some point. Feels like one of the eighteen cats who shared my home in my life one of them should've been a Maine Coon.

As far as i know no one really knows what the origin of the Maine Coon race is, but the most popular theory is that they're descended from Norwegian Forest Cats brought over to America by Norsemen who mated with short hair cats. Which i think is cool since as you can see above one of my cats is a Norwegian Forest Cat. Certainly those two races are the ones who most resemble each other.

The Norwegian and the Maine coon are the two largest domesticated cats. 14kg is fine and he is still not fully grown. He has been checked for HCM and is free of it so is a big healthy boy. I would not be without one or a few Maine coons in my life as they are natural comedians and will always cheer you up. I honestly wouldn't want to be without my feline friends. I've never seen a really big Bengal. My friends is 9kg full grown and considered very big for the breed. 

I am in hospital and awaiting discharge today. Just waiting on meds and letters. I can't wait to see my cats 

dotcomkotr

i bet they missed u to dude, i go out for an hour an the dogs act like they been left for months haha. always a happy pair of faces though

Jools
On 08/10/2016 at 7:01 AM, Jellopanda said:

Thought i would also post my mother's cat too. A Bengal Cat called Pardalis, as he looks a little bit like a grey Ocelot (whose latin name is Leopardus Pardalis). I'm thinking about getting one myself since they're fantastic cats. Not only do they look amazing, but they have great personalities (which is more important to me than appearance). That is if you like very active, intelligent, attention-seeking cats, which i do. Pardalis loves to turn on the faucets in my mother's sinks to play with the water and opens the front door when people knock on it.

Been in contact with a Bengal Cat breeder and she's very strict about who she sells to, but she's ready now to sell me a kitten who is super-cute and likely to become very large as both her parents are (they're generally very large cats). Haven't decided yet tho, because firstly it costs 2500 dollars and secondly they're fiercely territorial, which may cause problems with my two other cats and my two dogs. Especially the dogs may get it rough.

Post got a bit longer than planned, but i finally get to the picture of Pardalis.

11.jpg

I maybe be mixing my breeds up. A bengal in U.K. Is not a big cat per se and are mainly brown here with lovely rosette markings. There are new Asian leopard cats and new Asian bengal cats and I wonder if these are being mixed up in my head. A UK show class bengal would cost around £450-600 pounds sterling here. The cat fancy people will travel all over the world to buy cats. Bengals are very vocal too. I love vocal cats. The Maine coons chirrup and make such funny sounds. They really do talk with you. 

• Like 1