Countdown To Christmas!

aintnouse

What supplements do you take and why?

Jools

In the morning I have a bowl of fruit and fibre and then take optimised B complex and optimised methyl folate together. I feel a marked difference if I don't take these. I am not edgy or nervous but I'd never take the b complex later than noon

i then have a small lunch like an omelette and take Red krill oil as a it inflammatory, a tablet that has ginger, circumin and bromelian X 3 for  the sickness I sometimes feel but also as an aid to digestion and an anti ainlfmmatory and fighter against colds. I then take Zinc 30mg a day for men's health, mega dose of Magnesium malate to help beat back depression and to aid energy and heart rhythm. I take vitamin E 400iu & B17 ( pangamic acid) it really is great for the liver, detox and liber issues as I habe fatty liver. I take garlic and wild oil of oregano as an antibiotic and anti fungal. The oil of oregano is incredible and it has stopped me, I believe, in the many colds and infections I would bet due to the immune suppressant drugs and corticosteroids for the Crohn's and Wegeners granulomatosis. I have blood taken weekly due to one of the drugs being hard on my liver and I have been ANCA negative since I started on this regimen and so far, so good. I am aiming for antioxidants and anti inflammatory due to the manner of diseases  i aim to add vitamin B17 or amygdalina to act as a prophylactic against cancers  as I am prone to melanoma from meds 

I take calcium with d3 morning and night as it helps fight bowel cancers and helps with the osteopenia from long term meds. 

Half an hour before I wish to sleep I take Schiff Melationin. It has 3 mg if melatonin, 8mg of GABA, Theanine and valerian/ chamomile. It is incredible and makes me sleepy and keeps me asleep and in REM states for most of that sleep m

i know I am much better with this and I buy all online. 

Edited by Jools
Addition of information
  • Like 1

Toboso

I take a number of supplements mostly for heart health such as CoQ10 and fish oil and resveratrol.

For blood glucose and cholesterol I take something called Leche de Alpiste, which is a powder made of canary seeds! Recommended to me by my cardiologist.

For blood pressure I take medications as well as olive leaf extract.

For liver health, milk thistle.

They seem to be helping. The numbers are getting better.

mandraxx

I take, on a daily basis

-Multi B-Vitamin

-2 grams of Vitamin C

-plenty of fish oil

-Ginkgo Biloba

This formula keeps me up, no matter what happens, and I started using this formula in my early days when I met with my first psych.  He was such a great man, always had homeopathic ideas, but was also very smart when it came to pharms.  He never hesitated to write out a klonopin script whenever I needed it, though we did a few tapers here and there.  Sadly it was with him that I learned most SSRI's created serious problems for me, even in small doses.  We finally settled on Effexor, which is relatively weak, but it works.

Other vitamins/supplements I take: Bilberry (for improved sight - I no longer wear glasses!) L-tyrosine as a pick-me-up, Huperzine A, and sometimes melatonin for sleep (works even better than Ambien!)

Edited by mandraxx

ElectroNymph

Benzos. Oh, and orange juice - plenty of vitamin C! :)

• Like 2

aintnouse

@ElectroNymph    Damn...that was funny!!! :) 

• Like 1

Cason

I take hydroxycut and do the Atkins diet no carb deal, I have lost 28 lbs in a month and a half. Not very nutritional but if you wanna lose weight it will work guarantee .

ElectroNymph
8 hours ago, aintnouse said:

@ElectroNymph    Damn...that was funny!!! :) 

Thank you, Sir. :)

• Like 1

Mgillgan

SAMe, Suntheanine, and L tryptophan to regulate serotonin production 

Turmeric for depression and the many other benefits 

Magnesium, Zinc, and Bacopa monnieri to keep my tolerance to ADHD meds down 

ashwaghanda as an adaptogen 

fish oil for heart health and cognitive benefits 

was taking tons more, but was restless and agitated and developed burning tongue syndrome (yes it's a real thing and it's super gross) which made me think I was messing with dopamine too much so no more L dopa, l tyrosine and one more I forget 

mostly take stuff for mood support instead of my physical health. I treat my body like a landfill though so I should probably look into supplements for physical wellness 

Toker

Only use a multi vitamin, pharmaton  to be exact.

Use it because my diet aint the best so always take my one a day.

jsull3

Test/Tren/EQ the magic stack baby

DeniseMarie

I have been taking viviscal and biotin for hair growth, and I have been having good results : )

Mhise

Tumeric !! It eats cancer or at least makes your brain think it does and that works too lol

javaman

I don't take much, and I agree with an earlier post that most supplements are just expensive placebos that feed into a huge multi-billion dollar industry that's designed to scam you out of your money. But there is some solid science behind certain things. I take whey protein, because it's a convenient way to get enough daily protein which I need because I lift weights 4-5 days a week and cycle 100+ miles a week. I also take 5mg creatine daily and a fish oil supplement. That's about it! My diet is pretty well-regulated with lots of lean protein, veggies, healthy carbs and fats.

Andy Monroe

For athletic performance, primarily endurance: glutamine, creatinine, optygen, amino acids.  Whey protein strength.  Fish oil for heart and related.  B1, B12.  Something called FocusFactor for memory and concentration.  Glucosamine for joint health.

Darlink

I've been looking through some old medical journals and just read more about boron. The kind you buy at the store for your laundry--20 Mule Team Borax?It is a mineral which has been depleted in our soil, therefore it's not in our food because farmers don't add it anymore. Apparently, it's the cure for arthritis. They sell it in the US in capsules in some places-but my Canadian friends say in places it's been banned. Also, in other countries. (The pain management doctors have secret meetings and plan things like this to keep themselves in business.

Not really-that last I just made it up).

If you suffer from arthritis, you can buy the box of borax, $5.00- mix a 1/16th tsp in a 2 Liter bottle of water and take tablespoons full of it every day, working yourway up to 3 T a day 3X's or more a day. . Your arthritis pain will subside. I just started taking it. Damned med industry.