Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Is there such a thing as Adult ADHD?

US Army Veteran
2 hours ago, mbsilvia said:

Hi all, From someone who has been diagnosed as an adult with add (not so much adhd) I can tell you that the right add meds can make a HUGE difference in how you do in your professional life. I run a small business, and it helps me so much, I cant even put it on a scale of 1-10, because it's an 11 (yes, that's a spinal tap reference) However, I don't think it's as easy as swallowing a pill. I think finding not only the right medication, but the right dose is imperative. I suppose that goes with any medication. What I'm saying is that more isn't better with add meds, unless you're looking to get high. Which is fun too.. But that will actually make my add worse. The right med/dose enables me to much more efficiently run my company, and I'm a one man show. Doctors are a pain though, they are asking for more and more money, and they never seem to take insurance for that kind of thing. Now, uninsured, I'm researching other methods, which is why I'm here. Back to my point though, I believe that adult add/adhd is legit. Just depends on the person!

How do you go about getting a screening for adult ADD? I feel like the VA would laugh me out the door. I also own and run a small business. I could see how much more my business would prosper if I got on the proper medication if I do have adult ADD.

2earls

@US Army Veteran in my husband's case, he has had it since childhood and he went to a psychiatrist and explained how he was on Ritz as a teenager and they just wrote him a script for Addies.

I think it helped that he said he didn't like taking them and wasn't convinced that they helped him. If he had seemed like he wanted a script he probably would not have gotten one. They didn't request old medical records.

• Like 1

mbsilvia

I've actually had an ok experience dealing with doctors. It was literally a questionnaire that i filled out, and she diagnosed me. Though it would be SO easy to fake, I didn't have to. I would still get them, but she lost her practice due to a scamming office girl that helped an agent from the dea falsely sting her. I've quit going to them because it's ridiculously expensive, and they dont take insurance. One reason I'm here actually. But we'll see, From what I'm reading, it's not particularly easy to get ahold of thems kinds.. 

2earls

It's not hard to get them, it's hard to afford them. Addies in particular are pretty expensive as you have probably already noticed, although I have heard that Starlite has good ones. If you are in a hurry, you have to go with the Mexican vendors or US, but if I had to get them regularly, I would go with SL to save money. 

US Army Veteran
On 5/12/2017 at 11:48 PM, 2earls said:

@US Army Veteran in my husband's case, he has had it since childhood and he went to a psychiatrist and explained how he was on Ritz as a teenager and they just wrote him a script for Addies.

I think it helped that he said he didn't like taking them and wasn't convinced that they helped him. If he had seemed like he wanted a script he probably would not have gotten one. They didn't request old medical records.

I'm not drug seeking. I would like to know if I really am ADD. In your other post you speak of cost which is not a concern to me being the VA "SHOULD" cover all costs(as I said they SHOULD) the VA isn't know for their awesome health care.

I've been down the road of addiction and I was never a "speed" drug type addict. I was always a "downer" Kinda guy. But just recently my roommate had some adderal and i took a few very small Doses for energy and the medication made me really concentrate. 

Ive taken it in the past and I felt it gave me to much energy and I couldn't concentrate on a fucking thing. But of course I was taken way more than I recently took.

to top all that off I've always wondered if I was add even as a child.

what do you guys think???

KiriTheXanyBoy

If it helps you concentrate now with a small dose, I think your're ADD and you also found the right dosage treating your ADD symptoms

• Like 1

US Army Veteran
14 hours ago, KiriTheXanyBoy said:

If it helps you concentrate now with a small dose, I think your're ADD and you also found the right dosage treating your ADD symptoms

Thanks for your input! 

• Like 1

Requiem
On 26/01/2012 at 3:05 AM, downhomeguy said:

Yes, I have that diadgosis. However they are saying that the reason for it is no Stage 3 or 4 sleep. I've tried everything and even took a sleep test while taking Xyrem and got 9 minutes of Stage 3 and Stage 4 sleep. My first sleep test was 7 years ago. I can take 60mg of Adderall and have a poor day and the other days is I sleep when my body tells me to. My last sleep test involvolved a MSLT the following day and the diagnosis came back as "Moderate to Severe Narcolepsy"

The harder I try the worse I get. but disability wants me to drive to work taking a equilavant to 340mg of morphine. I'm going to ask the judge if he has children that drive and wants me on the road taking that much medication. Matter of fact it will be higher because that is based on me not working. It will be closer to 420mg if I ever start work.

I wouldn't ask a judge a personal question as it might appear confrontational. Instead state u r concerned for others on the road whilst u drive about highly medicated.

KiriTheXanyBoy
On 26/01/2012 at 4:05 AM, downhomeguy said:

Yes, I have that diadgosis. However they are saying that the reason for it is no Stage 3 or 4 sleep. I've tried everything and even took a sleep test while taking Xyrem and got 9 minutes of Stage 3 and Stage 4 sleep. My first sleep test was 7 years ago. I can take 60mg of Adderall and have a poor day and the other days is I sleep when my body tells me to. My last sleep test involvolved a MSLT the following day and the diagnosis came back as "Moderate to Severe Narcolepsy"

The harder I try the worse I get. but disability wants me to drive to work taking a equilavant to 340mg of morphine. I'm going to ask the judge if he has children that drive and wants me on the road taking that much medication. Matter of fact it will be higher because that is based on me not working. It will be closer to 420mg if I ever start work.

Serious if you don't feel that dosage and you feel like you're non responder it can be a digestive issue. Ah dyy don't like staying too much in your stomach's acidity and have to pass the stomach and passe the pylorus then pass into the duodenum to be absorbed after.. So you can try to see that with your doctor but CAUTION if he give you something to enhance your digestion reduce the dose to 5 mg to not risk an OD or other side effects in case it works !!

You can also try a little 2-5 mg under the the tongue to see how you're feeling that