Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Kurt Codean

Celexa VS. Lexapro

Leigh Anne

Oh, and the forgiveness you mentioned on the occupation you might go into is not just education, but nursing also.  Maybe some other jobs that help society as well.  And it's not well-known that a complete student loan discharge is available, but it is, and I got it (thank God)...

Hey Leigh Anne, How are you doing today? You made another good point in that last statement. I'm not so sure if I would enjoy being a teacher, but Nursing is a field that I am somewhat interested in. I think I enjoy helping people, and some of my friends have commented that I could be a successful in that area because I am a pretty big guy. I'm not super big, but I'm around 6 foot 1 and weigh about 215 pounds. People have told me that I would make a good male nurse because they need some male nurses who are capable of lifting patients and moving them from one bed to another, as well as other functions. I guess I want to look into how to become a male nurse, I'm not sure how much schooling it requires but I would be willing to go back to school in order to be eligible to enter that profession. The field that I majored in when I was in school, which was Economics, doesn't seem to be a field that interests me at all. The economy is in bad shape right now, and I don't want to be a financial representative that tries to sell people financial instruments that they may not even need. Those are the only type of positions I see available for people who have degrees in Economics, and also book keep positions, but I never took any classes in Excel so right now I don't think I would be able to get a book keeper position. Maybe another option would be to become a teacher of Economics or a teacher of some other field, but I think that would be my least favorable position, if I had a choice. However if that is the only position that I could get to make a living on, I think I would go for it. Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it. Take care,

CD212

I have avoided disclosing this information because I don't want to throw shade on the occupation in any way (and I know I vent, & have the memory loss & all the psych problems), and because I haven't done it in about four years, but I am actually a critical care nurse (BSN, RN) that worked bedside for about 12 years, and another couple of years in a diminished capacity because I was becoming ill.  Finally, I had to leave--I just couldn't do it anymore, and nursing was my calling.  I'd wanted to be a nurse since I was a very small girl (I would put candy in empty pill bottles and pretend to be passing meds).  I got a partial scholarship to a great, private (so expensive) nursing school, and got my bachelor's degree.  Some people will go for their associate's degree (you are still an RN, but work in a different capacity sometimes), then work on their 4 year degree while they are working.  I figured I would just knock it all out at once.  My plan was to work ICU a couple years, then go to graduate school to become a nurse anesthetist.  I kept procrastinating, and just eventually gave up that dream--the only schools offering that program were a couple of hours away, and I just couldn't work full-time and do school, clinicals, commute, and have a life.  It is a great profession, and I still have an active license, and I respect nurses so much.  I wish I could go back to it someday, but I don't think I could take the physical, mental, and emotional toll it takes on you.  Plenty of jobs, though, lots of choices in areas of expertise, and great money if you want to work & do a little OT.  I also didn't tell anyone on here about my medical background because I have been out of it for a while, & that with the memory loss--I was afraid someone would ask me something in a professional capacity and that I wouldn't be able to answer their question.  I am unfamiliar with a lot of the new meds, too--the effects and such, and I was scared of pharmacology-type questions about interactions, metabolisms, half-life of drugs, dosages, etc.  I just don't want someone who has read my posts and can see I clearly have problems associating that with nursing.  Nursing is a great and noble profession, and I never want to reflect RN's poorly.  I also don't think I can do it anymore, because I had a deeply emotional reaction to having two patients in two days.  One was an 18 y/o shot in the head, dumped at the ER, brain-dead on the vent.  I'll never forget his family wailing and weeping over his broken body, and I had to stay objective and professional.  His family chose to donate his organs, and the very next night, in the very same room, I got the patient that rec'd his heart.  That family was overjoyed of course.  I couldn't take care of him though without thinking of the other family.  One family celebrating, one family grieving, and I just couldn't reconcile it in my brain.  I did all the right things in caring for both of those patients, but I couldn't be dispassionate about the situation...it still haunts me sometimes on those long dark nights when I can't seem to sleep and I think back to all those years I worked successfully, effortlessly...it just all came naturally to me.  So if you are considering nursing as a profession, you will find a rewarding and fulfilling career, but you will also get your heart broken sometimes along the way.  It's stressful, but if you have the mind to do it, I would recommend it highly.  You would probably have to practically start over in school--I don't know how much would transfer, and how much what you did would be in a nursing curriculum.  I would suggest if you decide to pursue it, to go ahead and get the BSN--you get the premiere assignments, you get more chances at different jobs that open up, and if you ever wanted to manage, they prefer a bachelor's degree trained nurse.  Hospitals also want national recognition, and if they have a large percentage of BSN vs Associate degree RN's, it gives the facility more points, and it is more attractive to other nurses they want to recruit.  Anything you want to know (what I can remember, anyway) ask away!  I think your family would be proud to have a son that is a nurse.  Male nurses are attractive to recruiters, too--we do the physical strength on the floors with the patients, but it's also wonderful that the occupation that has always primarily been connected to women is now becoming a viable option for men.  There are more men in management positions, too.  I guess that's true in most professions still.  If you can do it, your self-esteem will sky-rocket--there is NOTHING on earth more satisfying than helping to save a life.  The little things you do will give you pleasure also--just brightening a patient's day, or comforting someone's family, but as in every job, there is budget considerations, fights among staff members, all the usual stuff.  But it is a fantastic way to make a living if you're cut out for it.  I have been encouraging a couple of my nieces to consider nursing.  There are more and more positions as the population ages, so there is job security, too.  And there is a bond with your co-workers you don't get in other professions, it can be very satisfying.  Maybe one day I'll be able to go back to it, that would make my psychiatrist so happy.  He knows much of my identity was wrapped around my occupation (I am a daughter, but I don't have kids, married but that is a co-dependent type thing, too).  Best of luck to you.  I've written you another thesis here.  Any way I can be of help, please let me know.  Good night!  Leigh Anne

Kurt Codean

hey I want to switch gears a little. The other day I was cleaning my room and I found a 20mg Lexapro pill which must have been lost by one of my brothers who where taking it. I'm on 10mgs right now, but the other day, I took two of my 10mgs and I had this really intense dream. It was almost like a manic episode but in my dreams. It was kind of scary but also kind of cool. I tried to double up again last night but nothing happened. Now I'll be one pill short before my script runs out. Damn. But I do have a few 40mg celexas left over from before I switched. I think next time I am going to ask my doctor to up my dose to 20 mgs , or maybe I should wait a full two weeks on the 10's because It has only been about 9 days since I started them. Man that was a crazy dream though. It woke me up because it was so intense. Unfortunately i forget most of the details of all of my dreams not long after I awaken. I remember only a few blips. But I felt like a different person. I don't know if it was the lexapro, but it kind of gave me this feeling like I should be making changes in my life, like the path I'm on is not the right one. Again unfortunately, the feeling didn't  last because the next day and days after was business as usual. But that dream was so intense, like it was sending me a message or something. I was sort of thinking maybe the right dosage of an SSRI can bring out the true self in you, but then how would you know if that is really the person you are or just acting like someone you aren't because you're on drugs?

• Like 1

Smc2015

Celexa made me just feel very strange.  Had an Out of Body Experience on it no BS, insane, ill never forget, i had to rescue all these people from the river up the road, it was really fucked up.. Last time i ever took it TBH.  It also never helped out with my anxiety/panic disorder. Most of the SSRI family are geared to accompany a benzo and work interlocking if you will to make the "patient" feel ever better.... Not Celexa, total head butt with any meds I took, klonz to ALP.  just didn't mix well in the population for me... I only know one out of many that stuff works for.  So good luck with it...