Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

dbc23

depression discussion

dbc23

I could've sweetie this topic once had quite a few threads, not sure what happened. Wanted to breathe some life back in so it's not a black hole anymore. 

Long and short - depression sucks

Thankfully I've found a combination of medication and behavior mod that helps quite a bit. 

timothy329131

What medications have helped you? SSRIs help me a bit but make me more anxious and apathetic as well, not good. Wondering if anything worked for you?

headbanger

I'm taking 150mg of zoloft daily and it helps with both anxiety and depression. It does not make my symptoms disappears but allows me to function.

I've tried others but Z seems to work best for me.

Therapy is definitely a help too if you can afford it. Along with SSRI's it can really make a difference.

• Like 1

2earls

Yes, DBC, it would be interesting to know what works for you.

Suzie

My pain management doctor wanted me to take anti-depressant and I said I was not depressed I was in pain.  Then she said that it is a vicious circle and depression can cause pain but I just wrote it off as b.s. thinking she just didn't want to prescribe pain meds.  Then recently someone told me that when she took anti-depressant years ago it made her pain go away so now I don't know what to think.

Angler andrew

I'm on something called Citlopram which although doesn't work immiedetly after a few weeks it does do the job,I was in a terrible state before I got em.

Never heard of depression bringing on pain,just a cop out from the Doc I reckon.

• Like 1

PTFC

I went through all the SSRI 's years ago during a difficult time, found them all unhelpful to say the least, eventually got put on mirtazipine and it was the one that helped me back to normality.  You're right dbc, it does suck.

• Like 1

dbc23

Escitalopram and vitamin d seem to be the best baseline combo for me. My vitamin d level is in the basement though. I've tried several other ssri/snri meds and that's the over that feels the best. 

In years past tramadol was my only med besides my blood pressure pills and that worked well too, but not worth the side effects. 

Problematically opioids work really well for picking me up too, that's a rub when combined with a few other physical pain issues I have and my goal to avoid dependance (see tram above).

There is some research I've seen equating mental/emotional pain and distress as equally responsive to pain medication as physical pain and i'd agree there's something there. 

• Like 1

headbanger

My pain management doctor wanted me to take anti-depressant and I said I was not depressed I was in pain.  Then she said that it is a vicious circle and depression can cause pain but I just wrote it off as b.s. thinking she just didn't want to prescribe pain meds.  Then recently someone told me that when she took anti-depressant years ago it made her pain go away so now I don't know what to think.

​Occasional SSRI's can help with pain but I think that doesn't happen very often. I think you're right about your Doc not wanting to prescribe pain meds.

Edited by headbanger
add to the commen
  • Like 1

PTFC

Escitalopram and vitamin d seem to be the best baseline combo for me. My vitamin d level is in the basement though. I've tried several other ssri/snri meds and that's the over that feels the best. 

In years past tramadol was my only med besides my blood pressure pills and that worked well too, but not worth the side effects. 

Problematically opioids work really well for picking me up too, that's a rub when combined with a few other physical pain issues I have and my goal to avoid dependance (see tram above).

There is some research I've seen equating mental/emotional pain and distress as equally responsive to pain medication as physical pain and i'd agree there's something there. 

I'm reducing my tr@m intake myself, down to 3x 2 caps a day. I notice the drop though, just fighting through staying busy etc. It helps me, but I am with you on the dependence issue big time. 

headbanger

I'm reducing my tr@m intake myself, down to 3x 2 caps a day. I notice the drop though, just fighting through staying busy etc. It helps me, but I am with you on the dependence issue big time. 

I know it's easy for me to suggest this since I'm not in your shoes but try and continue slowly tapering down. If you have an adequate supply you could probably get down to 1 or 2 a day in month.

Keep the board updated and let us know if we can help. Talking and sharing with people can really help. Gets a person out of their own thoughts and can be comforting knowing there are people who want to help and support you.

• Like 3

dbc23

Duplicate post, sorry. 

Edited by dbc23

PTFC

I know it's easy for me to suggest this since I'm not in your shoes but try and continue slowly tapering down. If you have an adequate supply you could probably get down to 1 or 2 a day in month.

Keep the board updated and let us know if we can help. Talking and sharing with people can really help. Gets a person out of their own thoughts and can be comforting knowing there are people who want to help and support you.

Yeah, thanks HB! I am feeling okay generally , and yeah, just dropping a bit at a time, pretty pleased with myself anyway. I do notice a prescription of glums every dose drop, but I can handle it with keeping busy. Or tolerate at least. A month is my target too coincidentally, let's do it! Cheers HB. 

• Like 1

headbanger

Way to go!. You are headed in the right direction so try to stay the course. Think of where you were a few weeks back to give you some inspiration of what you can accomplish.

The DBG community is here for you.

• Like 2

PTFC

Way to go!. You are headed in the right direction so try to stay the course. Think of where you were a few weeks back to give you some inspiration of what you can accomplish.

The DBG community is here for you.

Appreciated big time HB, and I genuinely love this place. Will shout out when I'm at my target or if i need a boot in the arse..... ☺