Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Def_Starr

Winter Time Anxiety

Personally, I love winter and find it less stressful than spring or summer.  House feels warm and cozy and a big pot of homemade soup or chilli cooking on the stove.  Winter is a good excuse to be lazy while most days in the spring and summer I feel the stress and guilt for not getting yard work and other outdoor errands done.

I get what you mean about the spring/ summer months?... I am like you, It does tend to bring out the fucking idiots!... Plus more drinking, which inevitably turns the fucking idiots into ultimate fucking idiots!...

Plus, the days are longer and due to the weather, sun etc, I always feel like I should be doing something? Like enjoying myself?!... Which in turn, brings guilt cause I'm not?.. No matter what fucking season it is!. Whereas during the winter months I can hide myself away, shut myself off from the world I mostly despise and fear?... Bringing a sense of fragile tranquility to my otherwise chaotic anxiety filled life?..

God that sounds depressing!... I've actually made myself sad!..

However, give me a totally deserted island paradise and I wouldn't 't give a crap what season it was : )

Happy again, thank fuck for my imagination (mostly)

~P~

That's me to a T suzie! I'll exchange the chilli for leg of lamb or something perhaps, but I do enjoy chilli also.

. Hope o got all four posts here! I love winter rather than summer for traveling. The cold is refreshing snd energiaing..

Your fellow cold lover,

timothy329131

I prefer winter as it's quieter, less people etc., but overall I would have to choose summer because it gets so cold in winter that my anxiety peaks. I can't seem to stay warm enough, heating is a problem. So I prefer the look of winter but yeah, my anxiety peaks in winter too. Unless I'm having a particularly stressful summer, which has occurred before.

bdz

For the past few years or so, I get on 5mg of v daily from Nov-Jan, then do a long slow taper.  I've had SAD as far back as me teens, IIRC.  On NYE, I even called the depression hotline.  It's been cold, rainy and really windy, so the fatigue hit me like a tonne of bricks.  I feel like hibernating.  But the extra anxiety co-exists w/that depression, ugh.  

By all counts, I should be tapering right about now, but there's a demolition of one of the flats in my bldg and I'm unsure how much longer that'll go on for.  And the woman in the flat beneath it just died, so once her place goes on the market, no telling if some nonresident flipper will decide to disturb my peace the same way by gutting that place.  So I continue the 5 mgs/day until things at my building calm down. 

Edited by bdz

bdz

Update:  while I’m still on v for other reasons and at a higher dose, but tapering AGAIN, I bought a SAD lamp 2 months ago and have used it ever since, unless I wake too late.  It’s no magic bullet, but I had discussed it with my pill doctor and in his opinion, it can help those who get the anxiety along with depression at this time of the year.  I cannot tolerate antidepressants, so hopefully the lamp goes to work on the serotonin and melatonin levels.  I notice that it usually helps my first bowel movement of the day come  much sooner, and along w/ the right melatonin supplement, helps better regulate my sleep cycle.  
After menopause, my sleep cycle had no more rhythm, so it was way out of whack.

• Like 1

pixiechic

I have always considered getting a SAD lamp/ light box. I am really thinking of getting one this year. Glad to hear it has helped you.