Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

THE BEST DRUG SONGS - EVER!

Well, it's really an anti-drug song, but one of my favorites. How can you dislike a video with dancing hypodermic needles?

Dandy Warhols - "Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth"

The Shattered Soldier

The Sounds of Science by The Beastie Boys

I don't think to many fans understood the true meaning of the song, only a few lyrics have obvious references to LSD:

Like Ben Franklin with a kite

gettiin' over with the key

This is one I was turned on to just the other day for the first time by “Midwestâ€

So ... I have to give her the props … ;)

Devin The Dude - Reefer & Beer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh9ma0KokDI

doctoryes

Heroin is so passé

The dandy Warhols ,

Not if you were the last junkie on earth

ean

Pool Shark ~ Sublime

johnnog

first post in thread asks for punk bands singing about drugs...being an old punk had to get thinking.

The stranglers,numerous songs with links to heroin,Golden Brown being the most obvious.

Sid Vish did a cover of Johnny Thunders 'chinese rocks'.

The Clash,'Deny', from first album is about ex original member keith levienes IV use of drugs.Theres a song on their album 'combat rock' that mentions 'methadone city'.

Dead Kennedys,'Drug Me'.

Sex Pistols,although not really a drug song,'seventeen',"i don't care,i just speed,thats all i need."

also,'New York',which was a put down of the druggy new york cbgbs scene,one that Sid bought into to his ultimate cost.

Ian dury,'Sex and drugs and rock n roll'(that is all  my body needs.)

Black Flag,'Six pack'.Beer is the most widely available legal drug.

Theres probably loads more but its early in the day for me,oh a non punk song by oaps the rolling stones,'Mothers little helper',about a certain brand of benzoe.

johnnog

just remembered title of this thread,"Best Drug Songs",doubt the ones i mentioned were the best,except maybe The Stranglers Golden Brown.

doctoryes

the a team by ed sheeran the videos blinding too

dave2002

Alittle dated but still timeless!

johnnog

don't know if anyones previously mentioned Lou Reed-'Waiting for my man'?

song was also on the b-side of a record by UK punk band the UK Subs,their debut LP was called Another kind of blues,some thought it was not referencing the feeling down kind of 'having the blues' but a reference to some tablets that were flooding London in the end of the 1970's which were an amphetamine type of substance and were colored in blue speckles,apparently left a metallic like taste afterwards,up until then speed was everywhere then became scarce but these blue tabs began to flood the streets of the capital.

early punk bands publicly denounced drug use as it had too much of  a hippy connection,early punks were trying to distance themselves from hippies as they saw them as a failures at everything they may have stood for(anti-establishment) and many were just turning into the very things they claimed to be against such as corporate big business(a certain record label owner called Richard Branson being a prime example).

It was all just talk on the punks part though really,drugs were rife amongst the punk crowd tho booze and speed were up there as first choice when it came to getting out of it.

jeez,rambling in my middle age again,apologies youngsters.

before i go,one more drug song by a punk group,Subhumans-'Drugs of youth'.

yellowbelly

Alice in Chains-DIRT....One of the best concerts I've seen live!!! Brings back memories, dave...Haven't heard this album in years...Might have to dig it out of the archives!!

johnnog

Hawkwind- ' Reefer Madness. '

jadakaii

Alittle dated but still timeless

That is one of my favorite AIC songs,  Haven't heard it in years.  Thanks man1

STARBOYBLU

MAN SO MANY 2 CHOOSE FROM BUT SINCE MY TEENS GOTTA B "NIRVANA HEART SHAPED BOX" LUV'DDD NOD'N 2 THAT 1 BACK IN THE GRUNGE DAYS.... RIP KURT

AFTER THAT ANYTHING ALICE IN CHAINS ~ SBB

johnnog

this ones by killing joke,called 'The Wait',something we all have to go through when ordering vitamins