Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

Do You Live In Poverty?

NoName

75% of my community collects checks ,Medicaid,DSS, and food stamps..It tends to anger me when I'm going to work everyday and see the same people daily,there sitting on the porch all day drinking brew,my city Plays the system and that's my taxes.So I pay for ppl. To play the system and chill as I Bust my fukin Ass...(don't get me wrong certain ppl need it ) but driving a Benz or other Top cars U obviously do not need it .

Done venting

Bisko

Vent away, Bisko. May I join you?

What I get is Social Security. I had to pay into it,  personally, because I was self-employed.  If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken that money that I paid into FDIC, and like YB, invested it wisely... in first deeds, or other high-interest, low-risk ventures.  Anyone under 65, thinking of depending on their SS check in the future, is a fool.

The asshats playing the system will always be there, only more of them.

• Like 1

bunnies

my result :( i'm not on any kind of aid from the govt or anything either. i live in a room in someone else's house.

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 19.52.18.png

edited to add: although i am eligible for govt assistance, as long as i can work, i refuse to apply for it. plenty of other people living here that need the help more than me - people with children, the elderly, the ill, youth at risk, etc.  several of my friends have tried very hard to pursuade me to go on some form of assistance but i just cannot bring myself to do it. one of them even works for the govt and looked in to it for me without my asking, which is really kind of them.  i don't think they understand why i'd rather go without and live on what i earn than go on assistance. 

Edited by bunnies
  • Like 1

PTFC

my result :( i'm not on any kind of aid from the govt or anything either. i live in a room in someone else's house.

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 19.52.18.png

edited to add: although i am eligible for govt assistance, as long as i can work, i refuse to apply for it. plenty of other people living here that need the help more than me - people with children, the elderly, the ill, youth at risk, etc.  several of my friends have tried very hard to pursuade me to go on some form of assistance but i just cannot bring myself to do it. one of them even works for the govt and looked in to it for me without my asking, which is really kind of them.  i don't think they understand why i'd rather go without and live on what i earn than go on assistance. 

That's so honourable of you bunnies, you've cut your cloth and retained your self respect.  

• Like 2

bunnies
That's so honourable of you bunnies, you've cut your cloth and retained your self respect.  

​thank you for the kind words PTFC ^_^ it's down to luck really; that i'm able to live off my earnings is largely down to the way my mother raised me and the fact that my landlord is not greedy (it helps that i do/repair things around the property to save her money and also clean the house several times a week. she is extremely generous in allowing me to live here at the monthly rate she charges me, the room i live in is very comfortable and spacious.)

i see some people abusing the govt aid they receive and it burns me up.  i allow myself the occasional "treat" when i've been careful about my money or if a client has tipped me generously, but i see folks on assistance here that straight-up go on shopping sprees for ridiculous things the day their monthly stipend hits their bank account, every month, without fail (do they really need the latest iphone, a brand new 56 inch high def TV, all saints leather jackets, brand new nikes every season, a monthly pile of hideous "trendy" clothing, you get where i'm going with this...)  they're also the first people to moan and rant about how they're not "getting enough money to live and feed their kids" - they're saying all this on their iphone 6s, wearing an outfit that i know cost quite a lot of money, chain-smoking expensive filter cigarettes pushing their baby-stroller full of shopping and i wanna be like "girl spend that money on your kids instead of cigs and ugly clothes!" ugh. sorry for that little rant there.

like many other people in the western world, where i grew up in the 80s we had very little, so i'm not at all uncomfortable living with less.  still manage to eat healthy, slay in my fashions, and have time for my creative endeavours as well.  all of this is why i don't feel like i should apply for govt aid.  i may not have a lot of money, but i am so so lucky and live well.

Edited by bunnies
  • Like 1

2earls

I'm missing Bunnies and NoName. Maybe I should start a missing posters thread.

• Like 2

PTFC

Yeah,  I am missing bunnies too, I enjoyed conversation with her and I hope she is okay, I PM 'd weeks ago but not logged in since June I think.

ElectroNymph

Pretty much, but I think of ways of getting extra cash. I plan to train as an assistant teacher soon, so hopefully I will be better off. ?

US Army Veteran

I wouldn't say poverty but with the economy and several natural disasters the past 18 months where I live it's been rough.

yngtxnes

yes. family lost home recently and i been staying between friends houses but im still young and i have high hopes for my future regardless of my circumstances :) just a bump in the road as they say

PTFC
On 23/10/2017 at 8:33 AM, yngtxnes said:

yes. family lost home recently and i been staying between friends houses but im still young and i have high hopes for my future regardless of my circumstances :) just a bump in the road as they say

That's a nice optimistic way of looking at things! My best wishes for you! 

Meowtown

I lived in poverty my entire life up until about two years ago when my small business took off and the bfs business. Its been tough but its rewarding.

We also don' have kids

krazikomi

I live in a self imposed poverty better decisions and money management could solve all my problems. But i by no means am naked, hungry or homeless. So it depends on what you consider poverty. 

Hammerblow

This is obviously an old thread but op makes a valid point. I may not be American but the system in the UK is very similar if not better and people universally have similarities. I’m from Glasgow and there are a lot of people who can work but won’t work. There are jobs if you really want one but there’s this toxic mentality that it’s easier to ‘play the system’ then get a job. Why work when they can claim x,y,z benefits and have a higher monthly income than those working a standard working week. These same people are the ones blaming all the foreigners for stealing all the jobs...bullshit!! They actually have self respect and want to make a living and try to better themselves. It truly disgusts me that unfortunately  those in need find it the hardest to receive support because they are honest and don’t have a masters degree in deceit.

We also have a term called ‘Giro Babies’ a Giro is the old fashioned termed for when you received your benefits in the form of a cheque which you’d take to the post office to cash. Before BACS. Giro babies are young teenage girls purposely getting pregnant so they can claim a house from the council(they get priority housing), all the benefits you can possibly imagine so they don’t have to lift a finger. And once that child is old enough that their benefits are reduced...they’ll just get pregnant again!!

Obviously in city like Glasgow there is real genuine poverty which we need to address and I work in partnership with a company to help those in need (which feels like a pebble in an ocean at times tbh) but there is self imposed poverty where people just aren’t willing to work and would prefer to play the system and live a life of drink, drugs and crime. 

I’m not on this forum to judge we’ve probably all been pretty low and done some bad if not terrible m things, perhaps we still do but I guess my point is poverty can be a mindset as much as a reality, if we change the mindset we change the reality. 

Peace 

Rx

• Like 1