Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

Mike511

Looking for a liberal doctor in southern california. Tried one care medical as it was suggested on another forum. Bad idea, they do drug screening for meth and i had tested positive becuase I use ephedrine, lol. Anyways, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

ANRP?  What is that? Nurse practitioner?  They have some serious limitations on what they can prescribe IME.

Jewbacca

I guess it dependes on the ARNP:

So it may depend on whether they have bothered to apply for this lic or not.

Indeed. If they don't apply for the license, they can't write. That being said, Federal law allows APRN's, NP's, etc. to obtain prescriptive authority for Schedules II - V. However, it varies quite a bit by state. For example (and as you accurately described based on your experience), California is among the most liberal states on this issue. As long as the APRN / NP is working under a supervising physician in his or her practice, then they essentially have the same prescriptive authority as a physician. In contrast, Florida doesn't allow APRN's or NP's to have prescriptive authority, period. An example of a state that falls in between is Indiana, which grants prescriptive authority to these practitioners under a supervising physician, but excludes prescriptions for weight management purposes. Ironically, Indiana is always ranked among the "fattest states in the US" in various annual studies. Go figure. Anyway, here's a link to current, 2013 laws on this issue by state:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/440315

• Like 2

dvz

I'm in California, and have had A's scripted by NP's before. Also, if you are indeed in SoCal, practically everyone down there is taking it (only a minor exaggeration  :)) so you stand an excellent chance of getting a script without the side-eye or being given the third degree.

Up here in the second half of the state--aka another planet--you tend to get the side eye, but from my experience if you work the room like Hooter did (Hooter, I'd swear you stole my routine!), they'll fork it over eventually.

• Like 2

Guest ZeroZia

That's a pretty typical routine for most drug seekers.  The trick it to actually appear naive which can be difficult for some people.  Plus the minute they mention your drug of choice and your whole body posture goes from 'sad' to 'YEAH!' anyone who has an MD should be able to spot that from a mile off.  I often wonder if they don't just cut the scripts to have people go away.  

Kind of like, "Yeah, we get it, here's your medication.  I have real patients to see."  I cut that routine a long time ago and have had physicians thank me for not wasting their time and getting straight to the point.

Jewbacca

Apparently you underestimate my ability to control my posture and "in person" communication skills. Also I must point out that when I first got there, not only did the docs NOT thank me for the direct approach, which I tried the first 5 times, they refused to help me, not even offering a referral. So it was actually they who caused me to play it by their rules. Whatever. The arnp wrote me my scripts for a year and a half, and upped the dose any time I asked.

I, for one, and quite impressed by your posture my good man!

• Like 1

Poppyseed123

Wow, learn something new every day here!

Guest ZeroZia

Apparently you underestimate my ability to control my posture and "in person" communication skills.  Also I must point out that when I first got there, not only did the docs NOT thank me for the direct approach, which I tried the first 5 times, they refused to help me, not even offering a referral.  So it was actually they who caused me to play it by their rules.  Whatever. The arnp wrote me my scripts for a year and a half, and upped the dose any time I asked.

I didn't underestimate anything.  You didn't mention you had tried it straight several times, you just laid out the routine.  It's a solid routie and kudos to you for having it, but it isn't by any means an original one.  Yenno what I'm saying?

You got what you wanted, the arnp helped you out, no doctors "risked" their licenses, everything is copacetic.

opiated999

In AZ a PA, NP can rx a II for no more then 72 hours worth 1 time. Anymore then that has to be the supervising M.D.'s scrpt. This was cirrent as of about 6 months ago. Opiated-

Poppyseed123

If someone needs F2F north. calif I might help. PM me. Must be records legit, tho.

High Tide

Indeed. If they don't apply for the license, they can't write. That being said, Federal law allows APRN's, NP's, etc. to obtain prescriptive authority for Schedules II - V. However, it varies quite a bit by state. For example (and as you accurately described based on your experience), California is among the most liberal states on this issue. As long as the APRN / NP is working under a supervising physician in his or her practice, then they essentially have the same prescriptive authority as a physician. In contrast, Florida doesn't allow APRN's or NP's to have prescriptive authority, period. An example of a state that falls in between is Indiana, which grants prescriptive authority to these practitioners under a supervising physician, but excludes prescriptions for weight management purposes. Ironically, Indiana is always ranked among the "fattest states in the US" in various annual studies. Go figure. Anyway, here's a link to current, 2013 laws on this issue by state:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/440315

I found a site similar to yours Jewy, at least I think it is. I didn't bother registering to see yours, this one doesn't require registering and tells each states requirements as well as the NPs abilities. Naturally it's so strict here my niece, an NP, couldn't write me a C-lV because I'd never been to her practice before.

Edit: Obviously I see now it's the same URL. For some reason when I tried to see yous it required signing up. IDK if it was just my PC or some strange problem but it's open to me now.

dvz

If someone needs F2F north. calif I might help. PM me. Must be records legit, tho.

Hello, I did a few days ago, do you still have the information? Please advise, and many thanks!

dvz

If it helps

Poppyseed123 Last Active Oct 18 2013 09:49 PM

Thanks. I'd already given up hope that this might be real. There's a woman on another board I gave false hope to because of this, now I'll have to let her down as well. The unicorn hunt continues...

Poppyseed123

Sorry guys/gals - Jewy knows i go on Rumpelstilskin (sp) sleeps...I did however, tonite, answer PMs; my apologies and best of luck those who PM'd me. Will continue to help, maybe not solve, but assist with possible outcomes. I will stay tuned, promise, if more need for clarity. We are in this together...

blessings

Poppy

dvz

Sorry guys/gals - Jewy knows i go on Rumpelstilskin (sp) sleeps...I did however, tonite, answer PMs; my apologies and best of luck those who PM'd me. Will continue to help, maybe not solve, but assist with possible outcomes. I will stay tuned, promise, if more need for clarity. We are in this together...

blessings

Poppy

I did get your PM, thanks so much. I will look into the info you gave, locations are rather far from me, but at this point I'm desparate.