Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

whitechocolate

Taking Non Prescibed Meds On Carry On

whitechocolate

What does everyone think if I grab a prescription bottle I had scratch off the drug name and put the pills in that bottle for my carry on good idea or what?

Heisenberg / HNB

Shouldn't be an issue. Just take an old bottle that has your name on it and rub the part of the label with the medication description against the edge of a table or something til it fades off. That way your blue diazepam tabs won't be so obvious, if the bottle says "Round, white pill with ___ imprint" :D. Just as an example.

I think TSA is much more concerned with weapons, scissors, liquids etc. than people's personal medications. If its in a legitimate looking prescription bottle, they prob won't look twice at it.

• Like 2

FrankieGirl

Shouldn't be an issue. Just take an old bottle that has your name on it and rub the part of the label with the medication description against the edge of a table or something til it fades off. That way your blue diazepam tabs won't be so obvious, if the bottle says "Round, white pill with ___ imprint" :D. Just as an example.

I think TSA is much more concerned with weapons, scissors, liquids etc. than people's personal medications. If its in a legitimate looking prescription bottle, they prob won't look twice at it.

Heisenberg is correct! I've had the same pill bottle in my purse forEVER, can barely read my name on it anymore, and I travel by plane frequently. Its always in my purse or briefcase, and I've NEVER been questioned.

I've been selected for random special screening twice in the past few years (the dreaded SSS on boarding pass) and they completely emptied my bags. They didn't look twice at my pill bottle (they did make me leave my favorite miniature nail file the first time, tho, man was I PISSED!!).

But back to your question; relax, you'll have no issues. Just make sure theyre in a bottle with your name on it - like Heisenberg described - and you'll be fine!! Now, you get searched by johnny law for any other reason and all bets are off, but the TSA - no problem!

• Like 1

doesit

depending on what you carrying you might get away with any aspirin bottle or heart meds bottle.

whitechocolate

Thanks for everyone's reply back I totally agree and I feel that I had done it before just been a while since iv flew anywhere. .

High Tide

Unless the bottle has a description of what the meds look like I wouldn't make any obvious changes. Like most others I've carried my stuff in the original container and never had a problem even though they were C-II. The screener didn't bother looking insider the bottle from what I recall. Altering it in a way that only affects a part of the label may cause suspicions, so try and use a bottle with most of the ink worn off as long as the name is barely legible it should work fine.

whitechocolate

Unless the bottle has a description of what the meds look like I wouldn't make any obvious changes. Like most others I've carried my stuff in the original container and never had a problem even though they were C-II. The screener didn't bother looking insider the bottle from what I recall. Altering it in a way that only affects a part of the label may cause suspicions, so try and use a bottle with most of the ink worn off as long as the name is barely legible it should work fine.

Now if only I had a bottle that was all worn out .. besides I could tear off certain parts..

High Tide

Tearing off part off the label would only draw more attention. My Dr told me that if I kept my stuff, which was highly controlled, in the original bottles I shouldn't have any problems. He was right on target. As I said I don't recall anyone looking at what was in my bottles. I traveled from from a nearby airport to ATL, then to London. Had to go from one London airport to another to get to Frankfurt. That's 5 different airports and I was singled out for special screening at the first one. Still had no security looking for anything in a labeled medicine bottle. They are more concerned with smuggling and terrorism than what you are taking in a small medicine bottle, as long as it isn't liquid. That could be a different problem.

If you don't have a legit Rx bottle I'd put it in an Ibuprofen bottle or anything OTC that they wouldn't know what it may look like. But if you have a real Rx for it then don't worry, they don't care and can't stop you from taking it. 

whitechocolate

I have an rx bottle jus not for whats gonna be in it..

buckeye85

Good topic, I'm traveling to the Bahamas. Anyone know if you can buy stuff otc like in Mexico?

High Tide

I would look for Doriden if trying to get something really good that might possibly still be available. Although Wiki says it's a Sched. 2 in the US I don't know of it being sold here anymore. Although if one does find it please be very careful, it was a really powerful co~deen potentiator that was called "Loads" or "Lows an Foes", when speaking of the combination of it and Tyl/Cod #4. 

I only had the opportunity to try it once, as it was 20 bucks a pop in the late 90s, it really knocked my socks off. It was probably my first time really "nodding" on something. At least as far as it alone, and not just taking a lot of Dar~Von and staying awake a long time. 

Thinking back my first nod was likely from Levorphanol that my Uncle got and didn't use. I just deleted the details, TMI of a sad story. I never took the dil~awe~did he got and traded, but did try the levorphanol. Talk about a powerful pk, it's a surprise I didn't hurt myself being only 17-18 and not knowing what I was taking.

But anyway, aside from my DOC's of zolps and som@, if I were trying to score something hard to find I'd look for the "loads" for sure. Just please be cautious if it is out there. IDK if it's sold anywhere, and really just thought about for the first time in years. Recalled a story of a guy addicted to them who found it on store shelves somewhere in SA a long time ago. Thanks for the memories.   :)

halflife

I know the last post is a tad old but I had pre-written about 20 posts before I went silent. Besides hopeully a little bit of this info may be useful to someone somewhere.

===

OP, you've got nothing to worry about with typical destinations. You'd have to go out of your way to arouse suspicion unless you do something really out there. Keeping the meds in one of thse fake coffee can safes, lead-lined inside, would get the contents a 2nd. glance, for instance :) Another instance where 'hiding in plain sight is best.

In a very few countries, not typical destinations for Westerners, some meds you carry may be considered 'dope'. And they deal harshly with anyone considered a dope smuggler...

===

We're going back about 5 years when I was healthy enough to travel some.

I've been to Euro, SA & Carib coutries, never a 2nd. glance at even the most shabbily NROP bottled meds. I carried mixed meds in the same bottle though that may excced your comfort level. Old crummy pill bottle is best if you have no Rx for a med. Or as some have suggested, OTC bottle will work, just use a product with a similar tablet size & color to achieve what seems to be your desired comfort level.

No problems ever at US Customs inbound & certainly no problem on domestic flights, even in SA. And certainly 0 issue US-US domesstic.

My wife has been to more exotic destinations more recently. Several countries in SE Asia, Japan and a few Middle East -- less in med volume & variety but never a problem. Israel, who IMO invented airline security as we know it & practices security on steroids now, did empty out her toothpaste tube though (you can buy more in Tel Aviv at 2X the price).

===

A pernsonal story gave me the impression the TSA was more intersted in weapons & other thratening objects & not much else as others here have suggested.

We landed in Las Vegas to no luggage. Of course I had my meds -- always keep meds in carry-on not ckecked in baggage.

I had some big meds I take but no tablet cutter. So I walk into a CPK & ask a nice waiter for a steak knife. He said bring it back when you leave town.

Well, I forgot, so we leave. No check-in, a meager carry-on with my ton of meds -- and a big sharp steak knife.

TSA Screeners spot the knife in the X-Ray & page the next level of the Homeland Security presence. A !/2 dozen burly guys in suits surround me.

To their credt, they didn't take me down with force. By this time, I had gotten pretty frail but looked like Charles Manson coming out of 6 months in solitary.

I was taken into a side room & questioned. I told my sad tale of lost luggage, rare disorder & the need for the knife.

Off I went into the skies with no knife...

1/2

• Like 1

raymond112

I have an old bottle of  a medication-- with my name and address that I can not use any longer. The date is 2009 Question: will that work?

I was stupid I threw out all my mom and pops pharm bottles What was I thinking ? Things never stay the same!

I may have to go to Florida soon. I am so crazey mad @myself ---- Help. I take a ton of other medication prescribed to me with color and shape and all that nonsence shit  :angry:

JustChiilin

sometimes what I do is cut bars in half and put them in a ZYRTEC bottle along with the Zyrtec tablets. Half a bar looks very similar to the Zyrtec tablets

raymond112

No No JustChiilin ...These are round blue no cutting but  thank you anyone else HELP?