Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

The Shattered Soldier

An Overview Of Antibiotics, Soldier Style

Slammer

Excellent information, Soldier.

Would be nice if others also contributed useful info as well, instead of the majority of members solely bent on ordering oxy's and posting nothing of value for other members. Disgraceful.

Got one question for you.

My son's doctor is very keen on prescribing antibiotics almost everytime my son has runny nose, sore throat, or cough.

Personally, I protest that idea for I was taught that if the child becomes accustomed to antibiotics at an early age to ward off sickness, then the child had difficulties naturally developing the natural immunities they so desperately need - especially later on in life.

Is that true? Or am I way off base. It wouldn't be the first time, trust me.

Thanks Soldier,

Slammer

• Thanks 1

The Shattered Soldier

Would be nice if others also contributed useful info as well, instead of the majority of members solely bent on ordering oxy's and posting nothing of value for other members. Disgraceful.

My son's doctor is very keen on prescribing antibiotics almost everytime my son has runny nose, sore throat, or cough.

Personally, I protest that idea for I was taught that if the child becomes accustomed to antibiotics at an early age to ward off sickness, then the child had difficulties naturally developing the natural immunities they so desperately need - especially later on in life.

Thanks Soldier,

Slammer

For this one I read a few articles and they concurred with what would have been my initial response. One said that antibiotics do weaken the immune system. Then I noticed a false statement in the article, that by attacking bacteria the body can learn how to better fight then off later. Not true. The body can only do this with viruses such as the chickenpox. The immune system does a blitz attack on any kind of bactria it encounters, there is no learning involved, no special forces. Now do antibiotics stop this attack? Not at all. If anything they team up with the immune system against the infection. The antibiotic may weaken the cell wall of a bacteria and the immune system kills it. So the immune system is still in good shape and got some exercise. The only way to reallly lose immune system strength is by getting something like AIDS or Leukemia.

That being said, antibiotic overuse can kill the good bacteria in the gut making the body prone to yeast infections and general digestive problems. But this is easily remedied by eating yogurt or taking acidophilus supplements.

If your son's doc is prescribing him antibiotics for everything, including what sounds to me like viruses, then he is contributing to the spread of resistant strains of bacteria throughout society.

To make a long story short, your son's immune system isn't being effected by these drugs. They don't lower his white blood cell count or effect his differential (number of white blood cells by type). I'd go more into viruses and memory cells but it's not necessary and I've been in this parking lot way too long.

Hope this helped

• Like 2

The Shattered Soldier

For this one I read a few articles and they concurred with what would have been my initial response. One said that antibiotics do weaken the immune system. Then I noticed a false statement in the article, that by attacking bacteria the body can learn how to better fight then off later. Not true.....

No, they did not concur. They were written by misinformed homeopaths and kind of insulted my intelligence. I read another that conformed to what I had been taught was true and based my answer on some of the information found in the article.

Where do I go next? There is so much to elaborate on here.

porkandbeansboy
On 12/12/2012 at 9:11 AM, Slammer said:

Thanks Soldier,

Slammer

Amen to that I have a post I need to make about Antibiotics once I got the time. The people who just come here and contribute nothing to the Forum not even a Review of the Vendor Source they got the Medication from to let us know what they think of the quality/pricing/Shipping etc. 

The problem is Doctors are Prescribing Antibiotics for the reason solely being "Precaution" when they should be only Prescribed as an absolute last resort and or absolute necessity to prevent the out of control Antibiotic Resistance we see. Part of the problem is also caused by people improperly disposing of Antibiotics by dumping them in the garbage bin or flushing them down the toilet. Like it is proven we have small amounts of Antibiotics in certain areas where they are in the Tap Water in Trace Amounts that we Drink from.