Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

milex

Protonmail warning message

pixiechic

@DoomKitty  I didn't know that pr0ton emails sent to non pr0tonmail addresses weren't automatically encrypted. Thank you so much for posting about that!! Very important and I feel so dumb that I didn't know! 
Here's a link for instructions to encrypt an email that is going to someone at a different email server than pr0ton.
Thanks again, DoomKitty!! ❤️
https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/encrypt-for-outside-users/

Edited by pixiechic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sweetmelissa589

@DoomKitty Will the free account work okay or would I be better off paying the monthly fee?  I would only be emailing 1 or 2 people at most, if this helps at all?  Thank you!

DoomKitty

@pixiechic Thanks so much for posting that link! Yes i should have said “automatically encrypted” between users as you can encrypt to outside users if you use a password!! And no need to feel dumb this shit gets convoluted and confusing quick!!!

@sweetmelissa589 a free account is fine!! both protonmail and tutanota offer free emails  

Edited by DoomKitty
  • Like 1

Biskobro
19 minutes ago, DoomKitty said:

I agree with @pixiechic that you can continue to use protonmail, but don't be surprised if they ask you to make a tutanota account.  Emails between tutanota accounts are end-to-end encrypted just like emails between Protonmail accounts. 

Also heads up a new "VERIFY YOUR PHONE NUMBER" phishing email just popped up in Protonmail.  PLEASE IGNORE THIS!!

I haven't seen this one yet.I know when you create a account straight from the proton.com website it does ask to verify your a human by email or phone .Your not talking about that are you ? Or is it a mass email being sent out right now to current accounts?

DoomKitty

Referring to a phishing email i just received! Came from the idiotically fake email address: info@balance.ec with the "name" being Support Team lol

• Like 1

sweetmelissa589

I made the switch.. no more proton for me!  Thanks for the advice @DoomKitty .. I ran of likes and thank you's or I'd give more.  Tomorrow I will!  Appreciate all the advice everyone!

• Like 1

lookinforthebiscuits

@DoomKitty I got the same one. Unfortunately people do fall for this crap, which is why we're in this mess that shows no sign of letting up. 

Be careful out there brothers and sisters. Check every detail of your comms with vendors. If you have any doubts, don't be afraid to ask the vendor for additional verification. You can't be too careful at the moment. And obviously, don't click on any links or open any attachments unless you're 100% sure the email is legit.

• Like 3

DoomKitty

@pixiechic Also remember: the subject line in Protonmail emails is NEVER encrypted!  So many vendors demand everyone use protonmail for E2E encryption only to have subject lines like "C0k3 on sale now and Oxee half off!" SMH.  But it's just some thing a lot of people just aren't made aware of...

• Thanks 2

pixiechic
7 minutes ago, DoomKitty said:

@pixiechic Also remember: the subject line in Protonmail emails is NEVER encrypted!  So many vendors demand everyone use protonmail for E2E encryption only to have subject lines like "C0k3 on sale now and Oxee half off!" SMH.  But it's just some thing a lot of people just aren't made aware of...

I did know that part, but yes I agree- there are some subject lines that leave nothing to the imagination!!  Definitely important that people know this, thanks for the reminder!!

• Like 1

sweetmelissa589

@DoomKitty  I had no idea either!  This is very important info that everyone should know...  Thanks for making us all aware!

xxSlappy

Just got one of these "Verify your phone number" emails. Reading the headers, the email seems to have originated in Lagos Nigeria. I previewed the tinyurl destination before visiting, and as before, it takes you to a phishing site designed to look like the Proton authentication page--this time with a different host name and provider. And, as before, they're linking to some content on Proton's site to make it all look legitimate.

image.png.1384badd4d90306c14e736c8d5b9e241.png

I'm tempted to create a dummy Proton account and feed the credentials into the phishing site to gather additional information. I might be able to tell how they're exploiting the accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2earls

Important update.

The scammer is now accepting CIM as well as bitcoins. Do not send money to Malaysia!

Check every communication from the vendor to make sure it's coming from the correct address.

• Sad 1

lookinforthebiscuits

@xxSlappy Any info you can get on the mechanics of how this is working would be much appreciated. 

delawaredrew

Hmmm, hadn't seen this thread.
Like others I got multiple phishing attempts beginning Jan 16, I just check the senders' email and of course don't open links without 100% certainty that it is from protonmail; legitimate messages from protonmail always have a star.
I also got the DHL one, upgrade mailbox one, and lockandload from tutanova. Each had obvious signs of fraud intent, even the senders' names were BS.

Edited by delawaredrew
  • Like 1