Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

LunaLovegood

Lithium Orotate -Has Anyone Tried it?

LunaLovegood

A mineral supplement that is available over the counter. Supposedly a more orally active form of lithium than the lithium carbonate which is commonly prescribed as a treatment for mental illness. From what I’ve read, lithium orotate seems to be used for the same things as lithium carbonate, only it is OTC and supposedly has fewer side effects. It seems to be quite popular with people with Bipolar Disorder to stabilize mood, preventing or reducing mania, anxiety, and depression. It’s also supposed to slow the progress of neurodegenerative diseases, and improve memory.

I’m interested in it to treat the symptoms of my HPPD(hallucinogen persisting perception disorder). Besides the visual symptoms(basically, my visuals look a lot like the effects of about 100-200ug of LSD, depending on the day, only more distorted and staticky), I get anxiety, mood swings, and disturbing thoughts that flood through my mind and won’t go away. It’s sort of like having a bad trip. Anyway, I’ve heard that lithium can help with HPPD, which makes sense since HPPD shares a lot of its psychological symptoms in common with other mental disorders that lithium is used to treat. 

So, has anyone here tried lithium orotate? I would love to hear your experience. I realize it’s unlikely that there is anyone else here that has used lithium for HPPD(it’s supposedly a rare disorder), but I’m interested in any experiences with it for any purpose, whether as a treatment for mental illness or as a nootropic. 

Edited by LunaLovegood

sweetmelissa589

@LunaLovegood  I actually take lithium orotate on and off to help with my severe anxiety and for my depression too.  I like it and feel it's one of the better supplements out there for anxiety.  With my anxiety, I also seem to feel like I'm on a bad trip.  I get the visuals, shadows, paranoia, racing thoughts, tense muscles..ect.  It definitely helps.  I usually take daily, which is best, but I also have hypothyroidism, which I heard lithium can cause problems for, so I do take breaks from it every now and then.  Now, don't expect a miracle, but I did notice a large decrease in my symptoms.  I'm actually just about to buy my third bottle..  It actually decreases glutamate and increases gaba, which is why I stated it.  Look up high glutamate symptoms and mine match them.  I think I have too much glutamte and low gaba.   Trying to balance these two out.  Lysine can also help lower glutamate and raise gaba.  Hope this helps..