Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Sign in to follow this  
fbulb

pain mgmt drug testing accuracy

fbulb

I finally have my pain doc appt, first in a year. I was wondering what the typical UA screening would show. I have heard that stopping MS-Contin and valium 5-7 days before should have me in the clear - I only recently started them. Xanax has a shorter half life, but I have been it on it for several months so will it be still in my urine as long as a longer acting benzo?

I have a RX for addy but I have taken rit@in. I assume that the test differentiates between drugs, so it doesn't just say benzo or amph.

In California do they detect levels precisely? Will it detect even trace amounts or will stopping for a week keep me kosher? I've never failed a drug test before, and the one I took a few months ago was fine even though I hadn't stopped xanax that long, but that was not a pain doctor, just a regular HMO that required a drug test before referral to pain management, maybe it is not as advanced.

Also, I am guessing they are most concerned with any opiates in the system, so I should stop that immediately.

Handsley

Try taking less and less xanax.  You want to go 2 weeks for that one.  Valium stays longer than 5-7.  Opiates 3-5 days.  I would be more concerned about the benzos.  They don't want you to take benzos and opiates together.  I can usually not see  opiates in test in 4 days.  I would be most concerned about the benzos.  Do they go in the room with you and watch?  You can get the fake urine for your first test or have someone else give it to you if you know anyone that's clean.  You will have to keep it warm with hand warmers on the way there.  I've even gotten clean and frozen my own clean urine, but it ended up I didn't need it and didn't try it.  If you want the pain mgmt doc, it's been my experience that you will have to stay off the xanax.  After your first test, they will be looking for the opiates in your urine to make sure you are not selling them.  Having clean urine without benzos and putting opiate metabolites in it is not an easy thing to do.  I hate this stuff and talking about it.  It's so nerve-wracking.

Sgrbr420

I did the fake pee for a pre employment screen. They did not come in with me but left the door open. I taped the bag to my waste line with a hand warmer over it. I taped the tube to my wiener and practiced opening and closing the stopper so that I was sure I could do it with one hand while holding the cup. It went well and I got the job.

Do you know what kind of facility?

Mine was at a quest facility and like I said they just left the door open and didn't watch. I imagine most 3rd party facilities that do all sorts of testing are like this. On the other hand facilities where all they do is drug screens might be more strict, but unless you are on parole they probably won't send you to one of them. 

I'd look at your health insurance and see what lab they prefer and then read up online reviews of people who have tested there. Much like we do here people talk and you may find one facility has a reputation for leniency over another. Google reviews can even tip you off to a strict one as I have seen people complain about their privacy being invaded by the technician

fbulb

with previous pain docs it wasn;t strict. They barely cared.

But this is a new doc in a new county. And I know with the opioid crisis the rules are changing so I don't know what to expect. I have an old prescription for xanax, very old. I can say I used them because I had them sitting there.

I used to be on morphine regularly for years, so again, using the extra med excuse might work but using both? Like you said they will not want mixing and if they even accept it they will not trust me for future tests. But my last pain doc refused to give even vicodin knowing how bad my back was, even his nurse disagreed and wanted to give me something but he didn't care.

I already had a drug test through my primary care physician at Qwest, and I think their levels were high enough that I passed even though I only stopped the xanax a few days before. Since that was required to get the pain referral, that might help my case of not being a regular user.

But I am more interested in getting the nerve stimulator, and I do not want to be dropped because I have been waiting for months. I have a feeling they won't give me anything wither but I don't want to get blacklisted.

never2many

I@fbulb I can tell you of a recent experience at a sub doctor. They swabbed by mouth for DNA and submitted that with the original urine screening. This way on future drug tests, they know it's actually my sample being submitted due to the DNA that was swabbed and submitted with original drug urine test. So some of these doctors are stepping up their game in a big way.

Trudy L

@never2many Wow. First I’ve heard about this....thx for sharing! 

sweetmelissa589

@never2many   Very odd..  I never heard of this and I'm in a sub clinic.  My doctor is really great and has actually approved for me take etizol@m, even though it's not a legal script in my country and she's all for mj too.  She doesn't care who comes up for thc, as she thinks everyone should be doing it...lol.