Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Sign in to follow this  
LaVidaLoca

TREZOR Hardware Wallet

LaVidaLoca

Hello everybody,

i bought Bitcoins in 2012. The course was at this time very low. Since then the coins are on Blockchain.com and im feeling uncomfortable
because i dont have the Private-key. Who knows TREZOR Hardware Wallet? Could someone recommend it?

DoomKitty

TREZOR and Ledger both make excellent hardware wallets.  Just research each type they sell to find the one that works well for your needs..   Good Luck and happy spending!

LaVidaLoca

The Ledger is the cheaper variant. But is it as safe as TREZOR? With which devices have you had personal experiences? Ledger is not open source! Therefore i wouldn't trust it. This is a big decision for me and therefore i would appreciate it when you could share your experiences with me.

I also have no experiences with Electrum & Paperwallet. Could you tell me something abut them? What's the safest thing? I want to keep the coins for a long time. I don't want to rely on informations in the internet but want to know your personal recommendation.

DoomKitty

I own both the trezor one and the nano s.  all applications on the nano are open source, but yes the firmware is not.  i like how the nano is pushing to have more currencies available to it.  Heres a good write up comparing the two: https://7labs.io/tips-tricks/trezor-vs-ledger.html

I also have an electrum wallet and a wasabi.  both are excellent, safe and secure.  wasabi has extra features like CoinJoin, etc.  Never heard of paperwallet.  

• Like 1

LaVidaLoca

Due to my reasearches is Paperwallet the safest possibility for storages. It is not for people who uses its coins regularly but for people who don't uses coins for a long period. So this is the right otion for me because i don't want to use the coins for at least five years or more. I will be to compare the positive and negative properties before i decide myself.

DoomKitty

interesting choice. obviously, be sure to generate your keys on a VERY secure device.  good luck and stay safe!

Blackbear

Hi LaVidaLoca:

I have a Trezor Model T Wallet for my Bitcoin and I feel quite secure with it. Just remember that you are only half way to protecting your Bitcoin assets by owning a hardware wallet for storage. You must employ an equal level of security for protection of your private seed phrase which is required in order to recover your Bitcoin in the event that your wallet is lost, stolen, or otherwise destroyed. As long as you have your seed phrase, then you can recover your Bitcoin by purchasing a new wallet and entering the coded phrase into the new device. If, on the other hand, you lose or damage your wallet and you also lose your seed phrase, then you will have zero access to your Bitcoin and you will lose the value of everything that was stored in that wallet. 

I recommend that you purchase a SteelWallet brand cold storage device to protect your seed phrase and store it in a safe location. The SteelWallet is bomb-proof, but I still store mine in a fire safe. As a fail safe, you should also write your seed phrase down on paper and securely store that document at an alternate location.

If you are a Hodler like me, then these storage methods for your Bitcoin are cheap insurance. I found the best prices for these items at Amazon FYI.

Be Well & Prosper.

Da Bear

• Like 2

LaVidaLoca

Hi Blackbear,

I ordered the trezor. Additionally I have created a paperwallet. I am happy, finally I have full control. Yes, I am a Hodler since 2012 ;)

Conceited

When you hodl are you gambling that what you buy will be worth more in 5-10 years? Or is there more to it?

LaVidaLoca
On 9/12/2019 at 6:10 PM, Conceited said:

When you hodl are you gambling that what you buy will be worth more in 5-10 years? Or is there more to it?

I don't understand your question. What do you mean?

Conceited
9 hours ago, LaVidaLoca said:

I don't understand your question. What do you mean?

I was wondering if you buy bc then save to a hardware wallet to keep for years in the hope your bc is worth more in say 5 years then today? Instead of a regular wallet or bc buying site that could go bust or be hacked. Just wanted to know if there was other advantages to keeping bc long term? I assume most people buy what they need then transfer same day?

LaVidaLoca

I want to keep Bitcoin long. The reason is simple: I think that in 5 years or 10 years the course will be very high. HODL :D