Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

Jesse

Imitrex (sumatriptan succinate)

Jesse

I've been successfully taking Imitrex for 25 years. I recently went in for my annual appointment to get my year's worth of refills and was informed that my state has now added Imitrex to its schedule of controlled substances. (Imitrex is not federally a controlled substance in the US, or anywhere else, as far as I know. My state's response to the so-called "opioid crisis" has been insane.)

I was absolutely floored. Imitrex has no abuse potential or recreational value. No one would take this drug except to abort a migraine. I used to JOKE that one day they would do this, but I never really thought they would. But they have. I'm now only allowed a few pills a years and they said they want to take me off it altogether and "explore non-drug therapies."

They were actually treating me like a drug-seeker.....over Imitrex....that look and that shitty tone of voice that they give you when they think you're an addict. And it changed in the blink of an eye. They added imitrex to The List of Doom, and suddenly I'm a "drug-seeker." I can't believe it's actually come to this.

So I am pretty fucked. Any suggestions? 

2earls

I don't usually ever try to get members to donate, but in your case @Jesse it sounds like it would be worthwhile. I imagine migraines are pretty miserable and since this is obviously not a recreational drug if you are able to donate and get pm privileges I can point you to it.

It's in a restricted area of the forum or I would just give it to you. 

Jesse

Thanks. I'm planning to donate next paycheck--i.e., soon.