Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

Vickydog

When vendor wants dbg user name

Vickydog

Well, im sure weve all had vendors almost insist on this... Why? It should be our decision... My best vendors never once queried me..now,its up too them, but why cant acustomer have anonymity??  Do yall ferl OK with handing out your user name?

Stas56

Maybe it is just checking your rep. Just  a guess

bdrc36

If you are requesting anything to read from a new vendor,  they sometimes will ask for user name so they can cross reference you on here. 

If you don't feel comfortable doing so then don't.  But i don't see any nefarious reasons for a vendor asking.  

Vickydog
1 hour ago, Stas56 said:

Maybe it is just checking your rep. Just  a guess

Thank you.. Good point...

• Like 1

blissopifree 2

I’ve found some vendors reply quicker when I’ve mentioned DBGF but I don’t normally  use my username until after I get to know the vendor a bit better.

Bliss...

• Like 2

Josepagini

Thanks for the helpful info as I’ve been curious about this issue myself. 😀

Vickydog
2 hours ago, Josepagini said:

Thanks for the helpful info as I’ve been curious about this issue myself. 😀

Yes, i undetstand the vendors side, as they eant a little insight in to who we all are. So, i tell them now. Unlrss i am pm with them than they see my board name anyway, lol. I tead whete a member stated it very diplomatically. Think it was Candy champion, excuse me as i got that name wrong, I'm sure. They said to a vendor " my dbg name is XYX,and you can read my reviews,something like that. Sounded good.

bud

I always introduce myself as bud from dbg

pixiechic

I tend to give my DBG name when I first contact a new to me vendor. I guess I feel that it might help them to feel comfortable responding to me since they can see I have been a member for a few years, etc. I also do so in the hopes that I will get a quick response :)

• Like 1

TOASTEDTACO
On 7/4/2019 at 2:31 AM, Vickydog said:

Well, im sure weve all had vendors almost insist on this... Why? It should be our decision... My best vendors never once queried me..now,its up too them, but why cant acustomer have anonymity??  Do yall ferl OK with handing out your user name?

You are giving them your address anyways lol. So not very anonymous.

Vickydog
1 minute ago, 2earls said:

You do NOT have to provide your user name here and any vendor who demands it should be reported to me. Yes, they have your address and whatever name you provide them for the order, but that's not the same as knowing who you are here.

Some members may want to leave a less than stellar review yet still want to work with a vendor in the future so their review should be anonymous. We don't want people withholding reviews for fear of pissing off a vendor and I will be happy to explain this to any vendor who is insisting on having your screen name.

Thank you Mrs. Earl ...i too have been asked. Normally, if i ,me, feel like it, ill let a vendor know.  But as you said. It is an individuals decision. My restaurant, grocery, etc. Et, dont ask for names. This is sales, money. Like Corleone fami!y states" its business, not personal,. "

• Like 1

Vickydog
6 hours ago, TOASTEDTACO said:

You are giving them your address anyways lol. So not very anonymous.

I replied to Mrs Earl on your post. I forget which vendor asked me. Probably same one. It is Our decision. Do we think They dont use aliases? Hell, we are not writing checks!!!!

• Like 1

TOASTEDTACO

They may do it so that can see if you are a sponsor though. Many only sell in the private forums.