Countdown To Christmas!

op8d

Stuck in NY customs

op8d

Hi all, I don't post hardly ever but read a lot

My LL from Serb has been in customs 2-3 days.  

Do LL, ever make it out?

Am I in jeopardy?

ROOSTERMAN

2-3 days in customs is actually a very short time, most packages take about 5, but it can be as long as several weeks normally, longer is not unheard off.  This time of the year they are always backlogged china just their version of our 'black Friday' that belittles ours.    I would not start to get concerned untill after 15 days, and this time of year . . . .

Kevinax

My experience has been anywhere from 2-5 days. And one time I actually got the pack and then a day later it showed it had been released. I wouldn’t worry much for now, good luck!

• Thanks 1

op8d

Are you saying that LLs make it out of customs. 

op8d

I have called twice. Both times they said was in customs. Should a NOT call them? Will it draw attention to the LL

My main question is how long does it stay and do packs make it out of customs?

Sunrise81

@op8d, the previous posts by other members have answered your question. And no, I wouldn’t call because it does draw attention to things. But the other members have stated how long it could take and that yes, it gets released from there. If none did, then nobody would ever order anything from across the pond. 

op8d

Thanks for your reply I was under the impression that if it went there it was going to be searched automatically

And I didn't mean tonuse LL I mean letter. I haven't received an LL

• Like 1

Sunrise81

Everything coming from over the pond goes through cUsTomS, from my understanding. 

• Thanks 1

op8d
On 11/24/2018 at 8:07 PM, Sunrise81 said:

Everything coming from over the pond goes through cUsTomS, from my understanding. 

Thanks for sharing that info

Here is my concern :. It sat in NY ISC for five days.  I have to sign and usually at post office 

Taking into account Thanksgiving 

I am worried about picking it up 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this

CodyKowl

Perhaps the vernacular has changed over the years but LL (love letter) is not the parcel... it's a seizure letter from US Customs and Border Control.  No one eagerly awaits a "LL to make it out of customs". 

op8d

Thanks.  I figured it out Saturday. I don't post much

If you look at my Saturday post I corrected myself. 

But, my pack was in. NY ISC for 5 days.  It hasn't taken but one day before

Should I be worried?

Edited by op8d

Sunrise81

@op8d, from what I’ve read, cUsToMs times are getting longer and esp around the holidays. As another member posted, I wouldn’t start worrying unless it’s been over a couple of weeks. Good luck and keep us posted/updated please! 

• Like 1

LBGIRL213

I had  recent order from overseas and tracking said it was 'inbound' to customs for over 5 business days! I was worried, but kept waiting as I was suggested to by vendor/here on boards. Then bam, all of a sudden, notifications it was going out, and delivered within one day from then. 

• Like 2

SkyDog

New York sucks! LGA & JFK are the armpits of the US airports! A lot of hinky mmmmm…..🤬

• Like 1

op8d
4 hours ago, Sunrise81 said:

@op8d, from what I’ve read, cUsToMs times are getting longer and esp around the holidays. As another member posted, I wouldn’t start worrying unless it’s been over a couple of weeks. Good luck and keep us posted/updated please! 

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday it was iin Georgia or Tennessee. So it has left the New York ISC and I think it will be here tomorrow maybe next day.  I'll.keep you posted. 

Thanks for the advice DBG

• Like 1