Jump to content



Countdown To Christmas!
 

 
Harvey Wallbanger

Fired by my Dr but I’m Innocent!

Recommended Posts

Harvey Wallbanger

OK. I have a huge issue and I don’t know where to go for help and I’m not even sure if I’m posting this in the correct place but I hope I am. I have been taking control pain medication prescribed by my physician for several years. I have had many drug screens both random and scheduled as well as medication check up/count and have always done very well without issues. The last part of last month (October) I went for my normal visit for refills and a scheduled drug screen and the drug screen come back positive for Methamphetamines. I have never used methamphetamines of any kind. I received a call from my doctors office specifically from his nurse saying I was being discharged from receiving controlled substances because of the test. I scheduled an appointment five days later to meet with my doctor face to face and spoke with him about the result and he said that he had spoke with the company that does the drug testing and they use a special type of testing which employees a Mass spectrometer type testing which does not give false positives. He did agree that because of my history and I did not show any physical signs of methamphetamine use that I could have possibly ingested d it without my knowledge and allowed me to take another urine drug screens during that visit. This time the test came back positive for methamphetamine and a morphine derivative. Well I was shocked of course because I really do not take anything besides what is prescribed although being completely honest I have and do sometimes have to take more than what is prescribed but always the same as what I am prescribed because I’ve never wanted to take the chance of losing my pain management. I spoke with the nurse once again and requested that all my medications that I am prescribed be tested to see if that could be the source but She informed me that is not something they will be doing and that I need to find me a different physician or clinic to obtain my pain medications. I am totally a wreck and obviously no other clinic or physician is going to prescribe me controlled substance is with that on my record. I don’t know what to do. Could someone please help me. I waited this long to post this because I have researched and researched and researched trying to find an answer to this issue but have not been able to. I always thought that here in the US you are innocent until proven guilty and you have a right to your day in court but I have not been given such a right eye was found guilty and convicted with no defense available. Help!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
never2many

Perhaps try to get into a clinic that focuses on Recovery that could prescribe subutex or methadone, both which can be useful in treatment of pain. Not sure how many other options you may have. If I supplement my doctors prescribed diet of meds, I make sure I stop taking anything and everything that wasn't prescribed by my own doctor and picked up at my local pharmacy for a period of at least 15 days to avoid this issue specifically. You just never know. Best of luck and keep us posted! I'm sure it will help others here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harvey Wallbanger

@never2many I really appreciate your response. They found Meth and a morphine derivative in my system. I have never even seen meth in person and had not taken anything other than what I had picked up at pharmacy for over a month because of funds. I did find this article that seems to be awesome information for folks going through what I am. I’m praying this helps. I’ll keep you posted. 

http://rsds.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2012-13Directory_final_web.pdf

Everyone should read this. Awesome information. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darlink
On 11/21/2018 at 9:35 AM, never2many said:

Perhaps try to get into a clinic that focuses on Recovery that could prescribe subutex or methadone, both which can be useful in treatment of pain. Not sure how many other options you may have. If I supplement my doctors prescribed diet of meds, I make sure I stop taking anything and everything that wasn't prescribed by my own doctor and picked up at my local pharmacy for a period of at least 15 days to avoid this issue specifically. You just never know. Best of luck and keep us posted! I'm sure it will help others here.

So does it really take 15 days for everything to clear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randssss

I'm having trouble following fully but am VERY interested in what happened and how this happened if it wasn't recreational drug-use, this is such a fear of mine! and no one would believe you. Sounds like the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyDog

Harvey,

I went through  the same thing at an ER a few years ago, I was only taking Fioricet, and they said I was positive for Meth WHICH I HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN IN MY LIFE!  What is with these false positives????? This is crazy!!!!!  I am so sorry you are going through this as I wade through the process of fining a new PM Doc! I am so sorry this has happened to you!  hugs! 💖   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harvey Wallbanger

@SkyDog Your compassion is much appreciated. Everyone else I have discussed this with always looks at me with one eyebrow raised and I can see they are thinking that I'm telling a lie and that I must be guilty. My doctor himself at first said I do not have any of the physical signs of a meth user but ultimately when he discussed it with his Superior I guess he got his mind changed. I will continue to update on what happens with this situation in hopes that it may benefit someone else at some time. That is if I survive!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
never2many
On 11/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, Darlink said:

So does it really take 15 days for everything to clear?

Likely more like 3-4 days but I'd rather be cautious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darlink
On 11/21/2018 at 1:34 PM, Harvey Wallbanger said:

@never2many I really appreciate your response. They found Meth and a morphine derivative in my system. I have never even seen meth in person and had not taken anything other than what I had picked up at pharmacy for over a month because of funds. I did find this article that seems to be awesome information for folks going through what I am. I’m praying this helps. I’ll keep you posted. 

http://rsds.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2012-13Directory_final_web.pdf

Everyone should read this. Awesome information. 

 

Thank you for the link, I had a copy of something like this and lost it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now