Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

stonermc

Confidentiality

stonermc

Hi,

I recently had an assessment with a mental health nurse and I admitted that I bought dpam online to help me cope. I get dpam from my doctor but it's 21 tablets that are supposed to last 2 to 3 months. So I explained that I bought twenty or more every few months to help. He warned me about addiction but i said I was fine as I didn't need to take them every day but that sometimes when i do.. I don't want to worry about running out and having to ask my doctors for more.. as they make you feel like an addict for asking for them.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I rang my doctors the other day to get a new prescription for Dpam and they asked me if I bought it as well.. they asked me twice and I admitted it. It seems the nurse had written to them and informed them about what I thought was in confidence. The doc did renew my prescription but instead of 21 tabs.. they gave me 7.  She said I need to contact them when I need more.. which has I said.. I hate doing.

I know confidentiality can be put aside if self-harm etc is a problem but i'm not sure that qualifies here and the nurse did not tell me he would be informing my doctors, so I was blind-sided. I was just wondering whether to complain or not.. do I have a right to?  I may talk to my named doctor about it.. and tell her how i feel about it.. but i'm not sure. It's embarrassing.

anyone have any advice on what to do?

Tycyn

I work in the medical field and unfortunately you have no case. Reason being is that if you were to O.D  or have a reaction to the medication,  Although you are buying online there is a script written by your doctor therefore making them liable for overperscribing meds or not properly monitoring therapeutic drug levels. This comes down to the new laws on benzos ans opiods set forth by the cdc which classifies what you are doing in their eyes as self harm.

Sorry 

• Like 2

stonermc

Thank you.

NonBlonde

I know this is an extremely old post and the OP may not even be active in the forum anymore but I thought I'd weigh in if it will help anyone else. I too am in the medical field and know that once you admit to any kind of abuse of prescription meds or use of recreational drugs, it will be noted in your file forever. This includes years later if you have surgery and need opiates, or any other sort of legitimate need for a controlled substance. And if you yourself are also in a position of authority (ie hold licensure of any kind) even a therapist will report this to the appropriate licensing board to have you investigated per their "do no harm clause".Unfortunate lesson. But seeking help of any kind labels you for life and medical personnel are obligated to report. Furthermore now there's state registries which can easily track it if you doctor shop even across state lines so they can see what, how much, and how often you fill. It's pretty standard now even for folks who raise no red flags otherwise in their medical history or behavior.

Finally, they can do this even if you arent seeking a controlled substance. Example- i take migraine medication which is not a Controlled  painkiller, and an anti nausea medication because my migraines also cause severe nausea. Well the Dr accidentally sent me an e-msg thru the clinic portal that she meant to send to her RN basically stating check the registry before approving because those who use or abuse controlled substance  painkillers or street drugs for pain relief may also seek higher and higher amounts of anti nausea meds because painkillers obviously trigger your vagus nerve which is associated with vomiting. I say all this not to discourage anyone from seeking true help if they need it. But know big brother is increasingly squeezing in from all angles even ones that seem to have nothing to do with substances. Don't think they're really your friend or hold any obligation to your privacy over their medical license and livelihood 

• Thanks 1

LunaLovegood

@NonBlonde  Good to know. Thanks for posting. This kind of stuff really chaps my hide. The doctors and pharmacists, they’re hardly any better than dealers. Worse in a way, since doctors look down on you and treat you like a degenerate. That’s why I’m getting off m3thad0n3. One reason, anyway. 

I actually got in trouble at my clinic for taking *less* than my full dose. I get 2 weeks worth of take home doses. To help speed the process of tapering down, I was only taking part of my take home doses(like one day I’d take 95mg of my 100mg dose, then the next day 94mg, you get the idea.). It was working really great for me, I was making huge progress at tapering off. I was so happy. But when I told my counselor, she flipped out. If I am lowering my tolerance, theoretically I could overdose and the clinic would be liable. So I got in huge trouble. They literally treated it as a relapse! As if it was no different from me going and using H again. In my naivety, I had assumed my nurse and counselor would be *happy* about what I had been doing. LOL. They told me I should stay on m3thad0n3 forever 😵

Hope this doesn’t seem totally random. I brought it up because this story seemed to illustrate exactly the point you made above. Don’t think they are your friend. All they care about it getting your money and then covering their asses. 

Edited by LunaLovegood
  • Like 1