Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Does lack of sleep cause Diabetes or does Diabetes cause lack of sleep?


Kurt Codean
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Hello all, sometimes I wonder if I have diabetes or pre-diabetic symptoms. Usually I worry about this when I have sleepless nights like yesterday. I wasn't able to get to sleep all night, and have been trying to take a nap during the day but can't seem to drift off into la la land. So I've been up for over 24 hours and usually when I'm up this long my body feels really weak, groggy, and just a feeling of poor health in general. I think I am a bit overweight too, and I have been drinking a lot of Soda and sweet juices lately. Also I have been smoking for the past few months. I'm going to try to quit smoking when I finish the rest of my pack today, and hopefully once I quit smoking, I will start to eat and drink more sensibly. But I have these episodes of insomnia quite often and I wonder if this could be a sign of diabetes? When I do sleep well I don't worry about it because I feel okay but when I go a whole night without sleeping I start to behave like a hypochondriac, especially with thoughts of diabetes, because of my weight and lifestyle right now. I'm not super obese or anything, but I could stand to lose about 20 pounds. I don't know why I have trouble sleeping but it's been a reoccurring problem for me for quite a while now as I have mentioned more than once on this message forum. I guess the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor and have him check my blood sugar levels. The last time I had blood work done was back in 2013 or 2014 and there wasn't anything abnormal when the results came in. I think I will bring this up when I see my doctor next time, but I'm not sure if I should make a separate appointment with a general practitioner to check this because my next doctor appointment is with my pain management doctor, and I usually spend 5 minutes in his office and just get refills for my scripts. And he's usually pretty busy so I don't know If I should ask that doctor about it unless there aren't that many people in his office next time I go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I know this is a old thread but someone can benefet from it.Ask him for a HGBA1C and yes diabetes can cause a myriad of signs and symptoms also the ones you described.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Like Caver said an A1C will tell you for sure if you have diabetes. The main symptoms of it are having to pee all the time, no matter how much you drink- your still thristy, blurry vision, vomiting, and weight loss. You can purchase a glucose meter from Walmart for cheap. At midnight stop eating and drinking. Then at 8-9 am check your blood sugar. If its 135 or above- see a doctor asap. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators.

I'm borderline diabetic and most of the time I can keep my blood sugar under control with a couple types of pills.

My tip is for anyone who is diabetic to watch out if they are prescribed Prednisone. It caused my blood sugar  to skyrocket and had all of the symptoms @MEOWWWW described and it was just crazy.

I had to pee every 15 minutes and that is a difficult side effect to live with. I found myself peeing by the side of the road and behind businesses. I know that sounds disgusting, but I absolutely could not hold it. So Prednisone + diabetes = adult diapers.

Never want that experience again but Prednisone is a must for treating certain ailments such as asthma. It just has a lot of side affects and high blood sugar is a big one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, 2earls said:

I'm borderline diabetic and most of the time I can keep my blood sugar under control with a couple types of pills.

My tip is for anyone who is diabetic to watch out if they are prescribed Prednisone. It caused my blood sugar  to skyrocket and had all of the symptoms @MEOWWWW described and it was just crazy.

I had to pee every 15 minutes and that is a difficult side effect to live with. I found myself peeing by the side of the road and behind businesses. I know that sounds disgusting, but I absolutely could not hold it. So Prednisone + diabetes = adult diapers.

Never want that experience again but Prednisone is a must for treating certain ailments such as asthma. It just has a lot of side affects and high blood sugar is a big one.

I agrrr with you on the Presdnisone/ steriods. I'm a type 1 diabetic. It came out of no where when I was 20 years old. I have to take around 6 insulin shots per day. I had to get steroid shots while I was in labor with my son. My blood sugar was 500+ for two days after I was given the injection. I couldn't figure out why it was so high; especially since I had barley ate. My endocrinologist told me that it was due to the steroid shots. At the time- I had been diagnosed with diabetes for over 10 years and I never knew that steroids would cause haywire blood sugar. I wish that I would have known ahead of time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Just found out i have diabetes II , great input on this tread

clickboy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
  • V.I.P Member
porkandbeansboy

Well this is certainly good Information for Me to remember... as my Dr. says I'm fine right now but Diabetes is a complicated Disease. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 11:30 PM, 2earls said:

I'm borderline diabetic and most of the time I can keep my blood sugar under control with a couple types of pills.

My tip is for anyone who is diabetic to watch out if they are prescribed Prednisone. It caused my blood sugar  to skyrocket and had all of the symptoms @MEOWWWW described and it was just crazy.

I had to pee every 15 minutes and that is a difficult side effect to live with. I found myself peeing by the side of the road and behind businesses. I know that sounds disgusting, but I absolutely could not hold it. So Prednisone + diabetes = adult diapers.

Never want that experience again but Prednisone is a must for treating certain ailments such as asthma. It just has a lot of side affects and high blood sugar is a big one.

Weird, never heard the prednisone/blood sugar link. 2 years ago I had one high a1c result and a year later 1 borderline result. After which the doc has me taking pills and monitoring my BG. I did have a powerpack of prednisone to reduce swelling/pain in joints at some point near the really high test point. I'll need to look back at records because my 2x daily test isn't bad, rarely over 100.

Edited by delawaredrew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • Members

The pharmacy has pee sticks to check your blood sugar,    Their not the most accurate but its some-wear to start.  Either way eating better and living a active life style never hurts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • Sapphire Sponsor

I am no doctor, nor diabetic, however I am at-risk for diabetes. My type of diabetes would be the type caused by taking in too much sugar. It seems to me as though, if you have this same type of diabetes, the insomnia could be caused by the sugar which also causes the diabetes. So, imo, both

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Diamond Sponsor
rootshealer
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2021 at 12:18 AM, Snooky said:

I am no doctor, nor diabetic, however I am at-risk for diabetes. My type of diabetes would be the type caused by taking in too much sugar. It seems to me as though, if you have this same type of diabetes, the insomnia could be caused by the sugar which also causes the diabetes. So, imo, both

The consequence of diabetes mellitus is sugar metabolism derangement. This consequence often gets confused with the cause. The cause of T2DM, formerly late onset diabetes or sugar diabetes, is too much fat. Yes, you read corrctly. A diet high in fat.

Our bodies love glucose. The brain almost uses nothing else; red blood cells use nothing else (that 5 litres or quarts of blood cells in serum that can't survive on anything else); and muscles love sugar too (store a bunch of it as glycogen). Too much glucose wreaks havoc, but the body burns through a LOT of glucose just at rest.

Fat, on the other hand, is like long-term energy storage. So when your body gets too much of it, it doesn't know what to do with it but stack it. The problem comes when it starts stacking it around organs. Now that fat starts to gum up the works. And you might have guessed it: when glucose tries to get inside muscles and other organs, it has a hard time.

Insulin is the key that opens the door so glucose can enter cells. When fat is in the way, the pancreas has to be produce ever more insulin because it doesn't see the glucose level coming down - because the glucose cannot get into the cell because fat is blocking it. Eventually, the pancreas starts failing because it cannot sustain that level of insulin production. This is when diabetes sets in.

If you want to cure your diabetes, eat more healthy carbs. Yes, you read correctly. MORE carbs of the healthy variety. Well, what are healthy carbs? Whole plant foods - sweet potatoes, plantains, beans, lentils, chickpeas, fruits, brown rice, quinoa, whole grain pasta, whole wheat bread, corn, and so on.

What you want to avoid are high fat foods, which are pretty much your animal products - meat, fish, dairy, eggs.

My favorite story is of a friend who went to the ER and was diagnosed with raging diabetes with A1c at 11%. I gave him the exact same advice - more plants, little to no animals. They set him up with an endocrinologist who wasn't in a hurry - appointment was a month away. In that 1 month, he dropped his A1c to 7%. The endocrinologist was flabbergasted, and didn't want to believe it was just the diet.

Bittersweet ending: friend couldn't keep up with the diet. Too much stress he said. His A1c crept back up. But hey, at least he knows what to do. We're all adults and make our own choices.

Edited by rootshealer
error
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sapphire Sponsor
18 hours ago, rootshealer said:

The consequence of diabetes mellitus is sugar metabolism derangement. This consequence often gets confused with the cause. The cause of T2DM, formerly late onset diabetes or sugar diabetes, is too much fat. Yes, you read corrctly. A diet high in fat.

Our bodies love glucose. The brain almost uses nothing else; red blood cells use nothing else (that 5 litres or quarts of blood cells in serum that can't survive on anything else); and muscles love sugar too (store a bunch of it as glycogen). Too much glucose wreaks havoc, but the body burns through a LOT of glucose just at rest.

Fat, on the other hand, is like long-term energy storage. So when your body gets too much of it, it doesn't know what to do with it but stack it. The problem comes when it starts stacking it around organs. Now that fat starts to gum up the works. And you might have guessed it: when glucose tries to get inside muscles and other organs, it has a hard time.

Insulin is the key that opens the door so glucose can enter cells. When fat is in the way, the pancreas has to be produce ever more insulin because it doesn't see the glucose level coming down - because the glucose cannot get into the cell because fat is blocking it. Eventually, the pancreas starts failing because it cannot sustain that level of insulin production. This is when diabetes sets in.

If you want to cure your diabetes, eat more healthy carbs. Yes, you read correctly. MORE carbs of the healthy variety. Well, what are healthy carbs? Whole plant foods - sweet potatoes, plantains, beans, lentils, chickpeas, fruits, brown rice, quinoa, whole grain pasta, whole wheat bread, corn, and so on.

What you want to avoid are high fat foods, which are pretty much your animal products - meat, fish, dairy, eggs.

My favorite story is of a friend who went to the ER and was diagnosed with raging diabetes with A1c at 11%. I gave him the exact same advice - more plants, little to no animals. They set him up with an endocrinologist who wasn't in a hurry - appointment was a month away. In that 1 month, he dropped his A1c to 7%. The endocrinologist was flabbergasted, and didn't want to believe it was just the diet.

Bittersweet ending: friend couldn't keep up with the diet. Too much stress he said. His A1c crept back up. But hey, at least he knows what to do. We're all adults and make our own choices.

So, thing is, unused sugar metabolizes into alcohols and fats. Insulin is created in the body to help metabolize or break down sugars. Eating too much sugar causes a surge in insulin levels (in a normal person), which in turn causes all the sugars in your body to break down, causing a crash. This creates a craving for more sugar, and if you cave to the crave and eat more sugar, it creates a feedback loop. This is how diabetes starts. I know this, because it's how diabetes was starting in me, and it had nothing to do with fat--I've never had a high-fat diet.

So yes, I know carbs are not the problem. Not -all- carbs. However, sugar and fat are both carbohydrates! I am no longer living on the edge of diabetes, however I eat meat during multiple meals every day. And my carb intake is a lot--I eat as much bread and rice as possible. Carbs are required for people who work out. It fills in the spaces between the strands of protein in your muscles.

This is very different from the diet I used to have. I was homeless for a while, and that's when my hypoglycemia symptoms were the worst. I ate a lot and I mean a LOT of sugars and candies because they were the cheapest thing to grab from most stores. And gas stations, etc., usually didn't sell much besides sweets. Let me just reiterate that the problem is not fat. Now is everybody's body different? Sure! However, it was during the time I was taking in a lot of sugar that I had the most problems. I had itchy skin and near-fainting spells. I could of course make the fainting spells go away by eating some sugar real quick.

The myth that fat is the unhealthy culprit, as opposed to sugar, was a big push by the sugar industry during the early 1900's to stop the decrease of sales. Of course, I'm sure eating too much fat could have similar effects. However, my uncle and I are both body-builders, and eating a LOT of fat is just part of the program. It adds mass and contributes to muscle gains. Sugar has no such properties! Taking in a lot of sugar during, before, or after a workout just (in my experience) creates a spell of exhaustion. Most likely, this is due to the very same insulin surge phenomenon I mentioned earlier in this post.

Since I got a place and started eating a diet of regular meat (no milk or pork though) and rice, a little bread here and there (in other words, lots of carbs and fats but almost no sugars), my fainting spells are gone, the itchy skin is no longer a thing, and I have a high level of energy throughout the day. Trust me bro, it's sugar that's the problem! Or don't--it's all good bro

A final thing: I'm not sure how fat reacts in people with lower metabolisms. All I know is that sugar becomes fat, and that sugar is actually much worse than fat, and that the problems I was having were caused by sugar specifically. Thanks though for trying to help, I appreciate it. c(:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Diamond Sponsor
rootshealer
58 minutes ago, Snooky said:

So, thing is, unused sugar metabolizes into alcohols and fats. Insulin is created in the body to help metabolize or break down sugars. Eating too much sugar causes a surge in insulin levels (in a normal person), which in turn causes all the sugars in your body to break down, causing a crash. This creates a craving for more sugar, and if you cave to the crave and eat more sugar, it creates a feedback loop. This is how diabetes starts. I know this, because it's how diabetes was starting in me, and it had nothing to do with fat--I've never had a high-fat diet.

So yes, I know carbs are not the problem. Not -all- carbs. However, sugar and fat are both carbohydrates! I am no longer living on the edge of diabetes, however I eat meat during multiple meals every day. And my carb intake is a lot--I eat as much bread and rice as possible. Carbs are required for people who work out. It fills in the spaces between the strands of protein in your muscles.

This is very different from the diet I used to have. I was homeless for a while, and that's when my hypoglycemia symptoms were the worst. I ate a lot and I mean a LOT of sugars and candies because they were the cheapest thing to grab from most stores. And gas stations, etc., usually didn't sell much besides sweets. Let me just reiterate that the problem is not fat. Now is everybody's body different? Sure! However, it was during the time I was taking in a lot of sugar that I had the most problems. I had itchy skin and near-fainting spells. I could of course make the fainting spells go away by eating some sugar real quick.

The myth that fat is the unhealthy culprit, as opposed to sugar, was a big push by the sugar industry during the early 1900's to stop the decrease of sales. Of course, I'm sure eating too much fat could have similar effects. However, my uncle and I are both body-builders, and eating a LOT of fat is just part of the program. It adds mass and contributes to muscle gains. Sugar has no such properties! Taking in a lot of sugar during, before, or after a workout just (in my experience) creates a spell of exhaustion. Most likely, this is due to the very same insulin surge phenomenon I mentioned earlier in this post.

Since I got a place and started eating a diet of regular meat (no milk or pork though) and rice, a little bread here and there (in other words, lots of carbs and fats but almost no sugars), my fainting spells are gone, the itchy skin is no longer a thing, and I have a high level of energy throughout the day. Trust me bro, it's sugar that's the problem! Or don't--it's all good bro

A final thing: I'm not sure how fat reacts in people with lower metabolisms. All I know is that sugar becomes fat, and that sugar is actually much worse than fat, and that the problems I was having were caused by sugar specifically. Thanks though for trying to help, I appreciate it. c(:

I'm certainly not arguing that coca cola and skittles are a healthy meal, but I'll bet you anything that a kid downing soda and skittles all day will in most cases gain less weight and have fewer metabolic syndrome issues than the kid bingeing on chicken nuggets and extra cheese pizzas.

But I will agree with one thing: the sugar crashes. I made a bet with another gentleman with raging diabetes who said his sugars pretty much never drop below the 200s. He was Hispanic, so I bet him that if he could eat rice and beans for just a week (not with pork and sausage and cheese - plain rice and beans, and the rice can even be white) he'd see an improvement. He returned angry with me. He said his sugars plummeted into the 60s. I just laughed and reminded him I won the bet.

The difference between diabetics and non-diabetics is that with non-diabetics, sugars don't remain up in the 200s or go much higher for very long. They don't get used to that state. Anyone will feel like shit when used to 200s-300s and all of a sudden coming down to 80-100.

Anyhow, the choice is yours. Look up intramyocellular fat. (And calling fat a carb is like calling petroleum a carb. The classifications are there for a reason, regardless of the presense of hydrated carbons.) There's a reason vegans and vegetarians have low rates of diabetes, and similar for every plant-based group that has ever existed, whether Seventh Day Adventists in California or village-dwelling tribes in South America or Africa, or even Okinawa Japanese before US occupation introduced them to S.A.D (Standard American Diet - burgers, pizzas, fried chicken).

Most people will agree fruits and vegetables and whole grains and legumes are the healthiest things to eat, so is it any surprise a focus on plants (an abundant and exclusive source of fiber and antioxidants) has so many benefits?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sapphire Sponsor
15 hours ago, rootshealer said:

I'm certainly not arguing that coca cola and skittles are a healthy meal, but I'll bet you anything that a kid downing soda and skittles all day will in most cases gain less weight and have fewer metabolic syndrome issues than the kid bingeing on chicken nuggets and extra cheese pizzas.

But I will agree with one thing: the sugar crashes. I made a bet with another gentleman with raging diabetes who said his sugars pretty much never drop below the 200s. He was Hispanic, so I bet him that if he could eat rice and beans for just a week (not with pork and sausage and cheese - plain rice and beans, and the rice can even be white) he'd see an improvement. He returned angry with me. He said his sugars plummeted into the 60s. I just laughed and reminded him I won the bet.

The difference between diabetics and non-diabetics is that with non-diabetics, sugars don't remain up in the 200s or go much higher for very long. They don't get used to that state. Anyone will feel like shit when used to 200s-300s and all of a sudden coming down to 80-100.

Anyhow, the choice is yours. Look up intramyocellular fat. (And calling fat a carb is like calling petroleum a carb. The classifications are there for a reason, regardless of the presense of hydrated carbons.) There's a reason vegans and vegetarians have low rates of diabetes, and similar for every plant-based group that has ever existed, whether Seventh Day Adventists in California or village-dwelling tribes in South America or Africa, or even Okinawa Japanese before US occupation introduced them to S.A.D (Standard American Diet - burgers, pizzas, fried chicken).

Most people will agree fruits and vegetables and whole grains and legumes are the healthiest things to eat, so is it any surprise a focus on plants (an abundant and exclusive source of fiber and antioxidants) has so many benefits?

I appreciate what you're doing here. It seems like you really have it in your heart and soul to try and help people. I like that, and I relate to it. Fruits are very important and of course the main source of actual healthy sugars (as opposed to the sugars we were discussing before, such as raw table sugar, which can cause diabetes). Personally, since sugar does cause diabetes, I would be squeamish about an all-fruit diet! The true key to health is not one side of the food pyramid or the other (and I am excluding candies, etc.), but a diet including enough of each different type of food to get all the nutrients that your body needs. Personally I have known some vegans in my time, and they all seemed to be not only scrawny, but a little...hardheaded as well. I remember one in particular who I befriended and defended against people in town who were short with him, until I figured out why they were. Guy thought he could save the world by converting everyone to veganism...I tried telling him that if he really wanted to change the world in that way, he should lobby for laws regarding the factory farming industry to be changed. He refused to listen and insisted that he had the answer, which did not convert me to his ways. A thought I had was that perhaps malnutrition was affecting his mind. Either that, or he was already not in a good state of mind when he chose that way of life.

What I have noticed about meats, is that most of what is sold at standard price is filled with additives which cause chest pains and other weird symptoms. To get pure meat that doesn't cause any of those problems, you have to pay extra. I do pay extra, for the highest quality, purest meat I can find, and like I said, I eat meat multiple times every day and my prediabetic symptoms have gone away. I don't think I ever would have gained weight at all, even if I did become diabetic, because my metabolism is too high. So you could be right about the weight thing with candies as opposed to fats, but of course, they all contribute (to fat and obesity).

You see though, I'm not just eating pizza and fried chicken, despite the fact that I am American. My favorite things to cook up are steaks with broccoli and rice, buffalo roast with sweet potatoes and carrots, stir fry, burritos, and yes, sometimes burgers. I also incorporate nuts into my food whenever I can and eat fruits and berries on the side as snacks. The fact that my diet has everything I need is the reason I'm now healthy. It could also help that I don't drink milk or eat pork. Pork is especially bad as far as parasites go and milk is just gross. I also barely eat any chicken. Just lamb, beef, and buffalo.

A lot of people think that eating meat is unhealthy because of the low quality meat that is predominantly sold in stores, or because it is fried, or even simply because it's pork that wasn't cooked all the way through. But there's one culture you left out, one culture that I descend from, which is the native american Cherokee tribe that hunted the buffalo and never had any significant health problems (besides syphilis god rest their souls) until the white man came. The Europeans of course lived in such close proximity to certain animals, such as the pig, that disease was rampant among them. Oh, and the natives also ate fish, of course. Even some vegetarians will eat fish every now and then.

Now you know, I work out. I love gaining muscle. I never really started gaining muscle though, until I really ramped up my intake of meat. And since I've started eating meat with every meal (not including snacks which are mostly fruit based), I've had a plethora of benefits. For starters, my coordination has improved. My state of mind is more clear, I no longer have insomnia, and I can lift things with such ease that I've seen it surprise people. I used to work out before I changed my diets to include more meats. I never gained near the amount of muscle I wanted to, my coordination did not improve, and I still had insomnia sometimes. Now I'm just one person with a very specific body type. However, of the billions of people on the Earth, there are hundreds of millions of people with my body type. A meatless diet is not the answer for everyone, and I will never be vegan or vegetarian. However, I was once with a woman who said she had trouble digesting meat. She told me that plant based proteins were better because they can metabolize into whatever your body needs, because they are basic building blocks, but for me, it's different. My body works better with meat proteins that have already been formed into longer or larger molecules. Even with my diet, I have 0% body fat. My body does not store fat. It's all muscle bro. I look and feel great all the time. Except when I have allergies!

I looked up intramyocellular fats btw. Yes! That's about why my uncle and I take in fats to gain mass.

Oh and btw, I think pork and cheese are absolutely gross. :p

Thank you for your interest in this. I do make sure to eat plenty of fruit :) Otherwise I would feel dry and angry. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Diamond Sponsor
rootshealer
5 hours ago, Snooky said:

I appreciate what you're doing here. It seems like you really have it in your heart and soul to try and help people. I like that, and I relate to it. Fruits are very important and of course the main source of actual healthy sugars (as opposed to the sugars we were discussing before, such as raw table sugar, which can cause diabetes). Personally, since sugar does cause diabetes, I would be squeamish about an all-fruit diet! The true key to health is not one side of the food pyramid or the other (and I am excluding candies, etc.), but a diet including enough of each different type of food to get all the nutrients that your body needs. Personally I have known some vegans in my time, and they all seemed to be not only scrawny, but a little...hardheaded as well. I remember one in particular who I befriended and defended against people in town who were short with him, until I figured out why they were. Guy thought he could save the world by converting everyone to veganism...I tried telling him that if he really wanted to change the world in that way, he should lobby for laws regarding the factory farming industry to be changed. He refused to listen and insisted that he had the answer, which did not convert me to his ways. A thought I had was that perhaps malnutrition was affecting his mind. Either that, or he was already not in a good state of mind when he chose that way of life.

What I have noticed about meats, is that most of what is sold at standard price is filled with additives which cause chest pains and other weird symptoms. To get pure meat that doesn't cause any of those problems, you have to pay extra. I do pay extra, for the highest quality, purest meat I can find, and like I said, I eat meat multiple times every day and my prediabetic symptoms have gone away. I don't think I ever would have gained weight at all, even if I did become diabetic, because my metabolism is too high. So you could be right about the weight thing with candies as opposed to fats, but of course, they all contribute (to fat and obesity).

You see though, I'm not just eating pizza and fried chicken, despite the fact that I am American. My favorite things to cook up are steaks with broccoli and rice, buffalo roast with sweet potatoes and carrots, stir fry, burritos, and yes, sometimes burgers. I also incorporate nuts into my food whenever I can and eat fruits and berries on the side as snacks. The fact that my diet has everything I need is the reason I'm now healthy. It could also help that I don't drink milk or eat pork. Pork is especially bad as far as parasites go and milk is just gross. I also barely eat any chicken. Just lamb, beef, and buffalo.

A lot of people think that eating meat is unhealthy because of the low quality meat that is predominantly sold in stores, or because it is fried, or even simply because it's pork that wasn't cooked all the way through. But there's one culture you left out, one culture that I descend from, which is the native american Cherokee tribe that hunted the buffalo and never had any significant health problems (besides syphilis god rest their souls) until the white man came. The Europeans of course lived in such close proximity to certain animals, such as the pig, that disease was rampant among them. Oh, and the natives also ate fish, of course. Even some vegetarians will eat fish every now and then.

Now you know, I work out. I love gaining muscle. I never really started gaining muscle though, until I really ramped up my intake of meat. And since I've started eating meat with every meal (not including snacks which are mostly fruit based), I've had a plethora of benefits. For starters, my coordination has improved. My state of mind is more clear, I no longer have insomnia, and I can lift things with such ease that I've seen it surprise people. I used to work out before I changed my diets to include more meats. I never gained near the amount of muscle I wanted to, my coordination did not improve, and I still had insomnia sometimes. Now I'm just one person with a very specific body type. However, of the billions of people on the Earth, there are hundreds of millions of people with my body type. A meatless diet is not the answer for everyone, and I will never be vegan or vegetarian. However, I was once with a woman who said she had trouble digesting meat. She told me that plant based proteins were better because they can metabolize into whatever your body needs, because they are basic building blocks, but for me, it's different. My body works better with meat proteins that have already been formed into longer or larger molecules. Even with my diet, I have 0% body fat. My body does not store fat. It's all muscle bro. I look and feel great all the time. Except when I have allergies!

I looked up intramyocellular fats btw. Yes! That's about why my uncle and I take in fats to gain mass.

Oh and btw, I think pork and cheese are absolutely gross. :p

Thank you for your interest in this. I do make sure to eat plenty of fruit :) Otherwise I would feel dry and angry. lol

Look up sarcopenic obesity (aka TOFI - I like how it reminds of toffee). Not even the slender reliably escape the ills of saturated and trans-fats - and just excess fats in general.

Look up pre-colonial indigenous diet. The hunter-gatherer is really an unfortunate name. Considering the logistics of hunting in the ancient environment, it was by far gathering than hunting. Our massive intake of animal products is very much a modern phenomenon, and we're all worse for it. Now it's a stick of broccoli to a steak, instead of a few slivers of steak to flavor a smorgasbord of plant delights.

Look up Nimai Delgado. Animals get protein from plants. Elephants, gorillas, rhinos, giraffes, horses, even buffalo - no one needs animals to get big. But there's definitely a link between the 2 - all those naturally occuring hormones (not injected) are known to have activity in us as well. Girls menstruate earlier; boys and girls mature faster; and the world gets fatter - outside and in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...