You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Vpn

emoreno420

• Members

I would not come online these days without using a VPN!

Big brother is ALWAYS watching and if you value your privacy you should

be concerned and be using a VPN and an email provider that uses encryption.

For me it's trustzone and protonmail..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On March 10, 2017 at 5:16 AM, Toker said:

I would not come online these days without using a VPN!

Big brother is ALWAYS watching and if you value your privacy you should

be concerned and be using a VPN and an email provider that uses encryption.

For me it's trustzone and protonmail..

Protonmail for me too!

• 2 years later...
  • Members
porkandbeansboy

Is Protonmail anything like using PGP as I still need to learn to use PGP but than again I am mainly here for Research Chemicals. I use a NordVPN for P2P (Torrenting) and Netflix simply because my brother pays for it but I assume there is a good reason I can't use Tor Browser when coming onto this Website since Cloudflare seems to be Blocking it and correct Me if I am wrong but I have read Cloudflare has the option to allow Tor Browser use. 

IP Addresses really don't mean much these days more than one person can have the same IP Address and your IP Address will change it doesn't stay the same forever. If L.E. wants to get passed a VPN they will have no problem doing so Tor Browser is the only way to stay safe but it's not 100% uncrackable so it's not 100% Safe if they truly want to catch you but unless your doing something extremely shady I think Tor Browser is perfect.

I disagree that using a VPN these days as this thread is from 2017 would make anyone think twice about wanting to see what your doing behind the VPN and whether you choose using a VPN over your ISP depends on who you trust more as ALL VPNs are shady and even if they are not keeping Logs and not taking your Bandwidth or whatever they call it that they are re-selling that a bunch of VPNs got caught taking from people and Selling it. 

I do think using NordVPN is better than nothing but not by much lol and only from hiding my use from my ISP and these days with Netflix Countries people want to access to watch and not trusting their ISP whether your Torrenting or not is very common amongst VPN users so using a VPN will not make the "paranoia destroya" but the false belief a VPN will save ya will destroya lol. 

• Members
porkandbeansboy

Well I switched to Protonmail as of today I want to begin making it as my New Main Email Address. Thanks to coming across this Post about it this is plenty of the type of information I have managed to find at DBG. 

• 7 months later...
  • Sapphire Sponsor

I’ve used ‘Hide My Ass’ VPN for years now simply because I enjoy internet content that is limited to specific geographic locations, in particular TV shows from various different European countries.  Not free but inexpensive and it doesn’t impact on streaming reliability.  The interface is user friendly and choice of locations extensive.

i have no commercial link with HMA, just a satisfied customer.

• Members
On 12/26/2019 at 3:44 PM, Lundi said:

I’ve used ‘Hide My Ass’ VPN for years now simply because I enjoy internet content that is limited to specific geographic locations, in particular TV shows from various different European countries.  Not free but inexpensive and it doesn’t impact on streaming reliability.  The interface is user friendly and choice of locations extensive.

i have no commercial link with HMA, just a satisfied customer.

I agree. Hma is awesome

• 1 year later...
  • Sapphire Sponsor
Dissolve

I realize this is an old post but wanted to add to it. I was really shocked to see a bunch of people say no, don't need it etc....

Now (2021) is as good a time as any to have a VPN regardless of whether you're doing something "wrong" or just an average Joe playing around online.  Not only are you hiding your IP from others but you're protecting yourself from your ISP snooping on you. Some are known to,  mine doesn't though. You get an encrypted connection between you and your destination site which is key if you're doing any type of online shopping.  The other benefits are Geographical. You can access things in other countries that you wouldn't normally be able to. A good example would be Netflix. I changed my location from the US to Germany to be able to watch a show that wasn't available here. This is a HUGE benefit for people outside of the US to access our content. 

I don't recommend using the free VPN services.  A paid subscription is short money because it's so competitive now. I'd  recommend PureVPN, Express VPN or NORD VPN. Each of these have many servers across countless countries,  offer great connection speeds, keep no logs of user info and are cheap. Some deals are close to $40 for a year subscription others can be up to $10/ month. Regardless of cost it's well worth it. I picked up a 5 year plan on some deal for less than a hundred bucks.

Hopefully this will help someone. Better to be anonymous online nowadays

-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Sapphire Sponsor
Dobbleduke

It's not 100% foolproof but worth the small investment