Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Bitcoin issue


Daniel schmidt
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • RUBY Sponsor
Daniel schmidt

My send button isn’t responding when I try to transfer crypto to another wallet, it has worked fine up until a few days ago, thanks for any help 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grand Poobah
DoomKitty

@Daniel schmidt  Will need more info in order to possibly help.  Are you using a wallet or an exchange?  Whichever it is, which one? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUBY Sponsor
Daniel schmidt

I’m using wallet to transfer to another wallet on Coinbase, I know the wallet address is correct that I’m trying to send to and the send button doesn’t turn the dark color like it’s ready, nothing happens when I press it, I already tried logging off and back on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Opal Sponsor

@Daniel schmidt  A few things to check. #1 - Make sure you have enough in your account to cover the amount you're sending PLUS fees. #2 - Coinbase has been known to block addresses, so there's that possibility. #3 - If all else fails, I believe you will have to log out of everything, computer included, and reboot if this is a true glitch. BUT make sure you have your password and passphrase/generation seed available beforehand or you won't be able to get back into your wallet. Good luck!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUBY Sponsor
Daniel schmidt

Plenty to cover transaction, and the vendor verified the address again and has said it works for other clients, I’ll try the 3rd option, let you know, and I do have the password backed up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grand Poobah
DoomKitty

@Daniel schmidt I would HIGHLY recommend that you transfer the funds from Coinbase to a private wallet of your choice first before sending to vendor.  Its really critical imo.   Coinbase literally leases their blockchain analyzer to the DEA and other government organizations and like @SPMia stated, they will definitely block particular addresses that they have flagged.  They will also seize your funds or close your account if they suspect you of doing anything shady.  There are plenty of private wallet choices like Electrum or Wasabi for computers or Blue Wallet and Blockchain Green Wallet for cellphones.   I have no idea if your issue is because the address if flagged (very likely tho!), but regardless i would still ALWAYS send to private wallet first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Opal Sponsor

@DoomKitty  I can't agree enough with this advice. I have used Electrum forever and have never had an issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUBY Sponsor
Daniel schmidt
1 hour ago, DoomKitty said:

@Daniel schmidt I would HIGHLY recommend that you transfer the funds from Coinbase to a private wallet of your choice first before sending to vendor.  Its really critical imo.   Coinbase literally leases their blockchain analyzer to the DEA and other government organizations and like @SPMia stated, they will definitely block particular addresses that they have flagged.  They will also seize your funds or close your account if they suspect you of doing anything shady.  There are plenty of private wallet choices like Electrum or Wasabi for computers or Blue Wallet and Blockchain Green Wallet for cellphones.   I have no idea if your issue is because the address if flagged (very likely tho!), but regardless i would still ALWAYS send to private wallet first.

The issue I found out is the way the address I’m trying to send to is formatted, their are 3 different formats, one that start 1, 3, or bc1, mine will not work sending to the bc1, it works fine with the other 2, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grand Poobah
DoomKitty

@Daniel schmidt Ah yes theyre a bit weird with that i guess.  Ive seen numerous people in the past report they've successfully send to bc1 addresses followed by numerous people saying they cant.  Even the sewit adoption page here says Coinbase both has and has not implemented the capability to send to bc1 lol.  Glad you figured it out.  Still highly recommend sending first to a wallet you own the keys to due to their ability and definite usage of both freezing assets and suddenly closing accounts.  I also know a number of people who've had their Cashapp accounts closed suddenly because they send btc to a flagged address. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUBY Sponsor
Daniel schmidt
11 minutes ago, DoomKitty said:

@Daniel schmidt Ah yes theyre a bit weird with that i guess.  Ive seen numerous people in the past report they've successfully send to bc1 addresses followed by numerous people saying they cant.  Even the sewit adoption page here says Coinbase both has and has not implemented the capability to send to bc1 lol.  Glad you figured it out.  Still highly recommend sending first to a wallet you own the keys to due to their ability and definite usage of both freezing assets and suddenly closing accounts.  I also know a number of people who've had their Cashapp accounts closed suddenly because they send btc to a flagged address. 

The crypto has been sitting in my wallet for a week and has gone up 95$,am I able to send it back into my bank? , sorry I’m just learning the ins and outs of this, you have been very helpful, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grand Poobah
DoomKitty

You mean are you able to cash out on Coinbase to make a profit?  Then yes, you can sell the btc for sure on Coinbase!  Im not sure of their process tho so i cant help there, but its definitely a service they provide

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUBY Sponsor
Daniel schmidt
43 minutes ago, DoomKitty said:

You mean are you able to cash out on Coinbase to make a profit?  Then yes, you can sell the btc for sure on Coinbase!  Im not sure of their process tho so i cant help there, but its definitely a service they provide

I figured that out, just wish there was a way to send to this vendor, I have made numerous orders, all smooth, then the last address that they used is the one I can’t send to , I inquired about them giving me a different address that would work but haven’t heard back, maybe I’ll switch to a different crypto fender that does work for that bc1 address 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grand Poobah
DoomKitty

@Daniel schmidt If you use send to a wallet fthat supports sending to bc1 first then you can do it.  If you have a cellphone then get Blockstream Green wallet.  Send from your Coinbase to that wallet and then from that wallet to the vendor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...