You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How common is it to get prescribed gabapentin for anxiety?

• Emerald Sponsor
Kooter
Posted (edited)

I have an appointment with my GP for my anxiety. They’ve tried two different anti depressants but neither worked for me. Would it be weird of me to bring it up? 

Edited by Kooter
  • Kooter changed the title to How common is it to get prescribed gabapentin for anxiety?
  • V.I.P Member
DoomKitty

I think it fairly easy to get prescribed depnding on your doc.   It is scheduled in kentucky and michigan which could increase the challenge there.  Most docs do seem to be unaware that it is used recreationally.  Maybe it hasn't caught on so much.  There are psychs/docs who are sketched by any request as if the patient is automatically drug seeking.  My last psych was sketched i asked to switch from depakote to lamictal and made me get a drug test for fucks sake!  Thankfully my current one isn't.  I got prescribed it after asking for it, tho i stopped taking it and started taking lyrica on and off which is considerably more effective imo and helps tremendously with other addiction issues.  I havent asked to officially switch to lyrica tho so i am taking that one off books.  Have to wait a while to ask lol.  Update us with how it goes!

• Opal Sponsor
mountaincat9

@DoomKitty how is Gabapentin used for fun?  I have 100's of tablets & just don't get it.  Share your secrets Dooms!

• V.I.P Member
DoomKitty

@mountaincat9 Here's the recommended way:  Take one 300mg every 30-40 minutes WITH seltzer water until you got the vibe you want.  The seltzer is essential.   Eating a fatty meal prior also aids metabolism.   Usually 900-1800mg total but im sure folks do heaps higher.  Feels like a wonky drunk a bit with like a vice around the head warm feel.  Also people do that a lot in conjunction with opis to intensify the general high feel.  (Obvs poly-drug can be unsafe so proceed with caution!)

• Opal Sponsor
mountaincat9

@DoomKitty.........thanks Dooms you've always got the 411.  I dig that about you.  Sounds like too much work for me lol so I think I'll let them pile up until I'm in the mood.

Hugs!

• Emerald Sponsor
Kooter
Posted (edited)

My problem is, I’m addicted to phenibut and I’m wanting to see if I can get switched over for gabapentin and follow doctors instructions instead of self medicating. Lyrica would work even better from what I’ve read. 

would it be better to make an appointment with a psychiatrist?

Edited by Kooter
  • V.I.P Member
DoomKitty

@Kooter Your GP will be able to prescribe both im sure.  And if you already have a good relationship with your GP then it will be easier to request to try something.  Rather than starting fresh at a new doc with "hi i have anxiety and would like gabapentin thanks".   Lyrica definitely works worlds better for anxiety in my experience.