You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Is it better for a dog to have another canine companion in your opinion?

Pushkii

• Sapphire Sponsor

Hi

I have one huge ball of fluff of a dog that loves any interaction with humans, kids esp and other dogs. She is just over 1 year old so a bit of a puppy in her yet. She is a big dog so she when she plays with other dogs she pins them down but she is only playing. Our other fellow died during the summer and she enjoyed his company. 

Just looking for opinions here would she be happier with canine company in the future. At the moment i am quite enjoying having one doggie so dont have to deal with all the jealousy etc. I can give her my undivided attention.sorry for the long post its just choosing to get a dog or another dog is such a huge decision and i know dbg users would have an insight x

• Sapphire Sponsor

@Tara Yes Tara I think that may be the case here too, I am definitely thinking that one is ok ☺️ it must be 'mom guilt' lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • V.I.P Member

all of my dogs have a companion, literally, all my breeds are in pairs so they can play together, odd one out is a retriever i just got, but he gets along great with everyone..

i vote go for it, get another, adopt if possible also :) 

all the best to you and your pup

• 1 month later...
  • Sapphire Sponsor
Pushkii

@Turbo259 Thank you so much for your reply, I am leaning towards a companion but she's a giant breed so I may have to go bigger or get a smaller one with small dog syndrome to put manners into her. I don't like small dogs. Though medium to large. 

If you have time PM and. I'll tell you her traits good and not so good lol. She does crave canine company so that's why I want advice for them to compliment each other 

Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Opal Sponsor
mountaincat9

@Pushkii So have you gotten another fur baby for your other baby?  I 100% think pups very much love to have a companion as yours has already shown you.  Cat's are great with dogs too.  They can be so fun to watch & will sleep together.  Then you'll have no jealousy issues.:) Meow