Welcome to Drugbuyersguide

We Love You

annie2foo

Cirpo and Levaquin Warning from FDA

annie2foo

I came across this info this evening.   Evidently fluoroquinolones should not be prescribed to treat  bronchitis, sinus infections and UTIs

Tendons, muscles, joints, nerves and central nervous system can be affected.   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fluoroquinolones-too-risky-common-infections-140200669.html

PotatoTree

I have no doubt that many people have experienced injuries side affects from Levaquin and Cipro. So they should not be the first line of defense against a bacterial infection. That being said, I have taken both drugs many, many times for a sinus infection when another antibiotics did not work. No tendon damage resulted. It comes down to what bacterial strain is living up in your sinuses; fluoroquinolones can kill some bugs that Augmentin cannot.

As for UTIs -- I work with elderly women, who are suspectible to UTIs, and the docs always prescribe Cipro. So far, none have experienced side effects. I guess you have to weigh the benefits vs the risks.  

Meowtown

Cipro made me sick as hell. Had bad intestine problems called c diff for about two months that I had to take some other medicine to combat for awhile