Wildcard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 25-July 11

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hey all.
I recently ordered from my fav. IOP and my tracking number gives me this:

"Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:44 pm on February 12, 2012."

...then NADA. Any thoughts, or does USPS just suck? Thanks anybody for insight!

#2 OmegaMan

OmegaMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

I just posted about this in another thread.

Same thing for me, but 'stuck' at ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) for like 10 days now. I'm bummed. :P

from what I've read sometimes packages don't update until AFTER they get delivered.

I talked to a lady at my local PO who looked into it for me and she said as far as she can tell the package was out for delivery, BUT it usually passes through another PO before it reaches me anyway, and it hasn't shown as being scanned there.

Also, I hear that sometimes USPS outsources to other companies if they're flooded or busy or whatever and that MIGHT be the case because it gets a new tracking number or something or other.

Anywho, the bad news is there's no way to really know what's going on. =\

If it gets held up by customs you/we SHOULD get a letter about it, but I haven't gotten one yet.

I don't know, maybe the fact that both of our packages are having the exact same issue at roughly around the same time might mean that it could be the outsourcing thing. Anyway it's something to hope for, heh.

#3 StreetMusican

StreetMusican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 15-February 12

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

NY port is backed up right now. There are several reports about this online. If you ordered from a good IOP, I would just wait and you will probably receive. Just really delayed.

#4 HYPNOTIC.

HYPNOTIC.

GRAND POOBAH

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • Joined 15-November 11

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Mine finally said "Inbound out of customs" which will probably mean it will arive tomorrow.
  • StreetMusican likes this

#5 GAD

GAD

Account Closed

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 04-April 12

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for this info, guys. I'm having a nervous breakdown over the fact that mine said the exact same thing, "Processed through sort facility, ISC New York" 7 days ago. Scared shitless over this!

#6 Troubadour

Troubadour

V.I.P Member

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
  • LocationIn My Bonneville

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for this info, guys. I'm having a nervous breakdown over the fact that mine said the exact same thing, "Processed through sort facility, ISC New York" 7 days ago. Scared shitless over this!

I have read all 4 posts and I can tell you are scared shitless right now. Let me try to help a bit. Wrong tracking number OK, why did it not get to you? Stuck in facility are you unable to access it (careful what you say). Fishy not from the vendor becuase obviously he did send. He tends to get confused. I won't tell why but I know this for fact. In reality anything you bought is likely low schedule and low quantity anyway so might not be too worried about trouble. Are you worried it went to wrong a wrong address? Out of meds entirely?

Work is busy and I will be off the holiday but maybe someone can help you.
I won't go into detail on how I know he gets confused other than you need to always check the zip code after the order because It has always been wrong. I simply correct it.
Hope that helped a bit. Hope it turns out alright for you
  • DITCH and GAD like this

#7 GAD

GAD

Account Closed

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 04-April 12

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Still nothing!!!! SHIT!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for answering me Troubadour, you have helped me pull it together a bit. I'm thinking fishy because it's "stuck in a facility". Not too worried about wrong address, just thinking it's wierd there's been no activity on the package for 7 days!
I did check the order form he emailed (with tracking #), and the address is correct. Should I contact the carrier as well? Also, yes... You are right (low schedule low quantity).

#8 Troubadour

Troubadour

V.I.P Member

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
  • LocationIn My Bonneville

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Still nothing!!!! SHIT!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for answering me Troubadour, you have helped me pull it together a bit. I'm thinking fishy because it's "stuck in a facility". Not too worried about wrong address, just thinking it's wierd there's been no activity on the package for 7 days!
I did check the order form he emailed (with tracking #), and the address is correct. Should I contact the carrier as well? Also, yes... You are right (low schedule low quantity).

Glad to hear low on both. The vendor is nice but most likely sends his telephone bill to the electric company. Possible someone with experience on sorting facility may chime in. Sounds like you are doing all you can really. Not easy to not panic. I would not go to obsessive IMO contacting the carrier.
Please do keep us posted though.

Might want to take your mind off things and check out the Easter egg hunt in the shoutbox. In case you have not heard, I am not allowed because I skank up everything around here
  • DITCH and GAD like this

#9 GAD

GAD

Account Closed

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 04-April 12

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Thanks again, Troubadour.... You are funny, lol. Taking my mind off this nonsense.

I've been researching, and it seems that ISC New York is like a black hole, and that once your stuff is there, USPS is pretty bad about updating. So, I'm thinking it's just a waiting game now... Pkg probably will arrive without ever updating...

I'm gonna go skank up the hunt for you.
  • Troubadour likes this

#10 GAD

GAD

Account Closed

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 04-April 12

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Package arrived today. Here's what I learned... USPS online updates are completely inaccurate. According to their site my package was processed in a sorting center +2000 miles from my home, less than 12 hours ago. I will never put myself through the hell of tracking through USPS again, and will wait patiently.

#11 DITCH

DITCH

Account Closed

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 07-November 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Package arrived today. Here's what I learned... USPS online updates are completely inaccurate. According to their site my package was processed in a sorting center +2000 miles from my home, less than 12 hours ago. I will never put myself through the hell of tracking through USPS again, and will wait patiently.

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

I learned the same as you. Basically those tracking sites are not updated as frequently as we'd like - since we are all so anxious to receive.

It's sometimes best NOT to look at the tracking site as it often states that the package is being held up in Customs days on end, but then that very same or next day it ends up in your mailbox. Mind you, for the past 5 days you've been suffering insomnia thinking your package has definitely been seized and you've lost your money and are about to get a nasty letter from Customs, or worse yet a knock on your door by the authorities.

Oh the joys of ordering meds online....

DITCH
  • Troubadour, GAD and Slammer like this

#12 mikep938

mikep938

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-September 11

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

I've had my package stuck in customs for days, or over a week in the NY sort center but eventually they always seem to come through just fine. Nerve racking to say the least..but no permanent damage or anything.
Then it always randomly seeming, appears at my local PO or much closer sort center (sometimes skips the sort center scan) at 5-6AM and gets delivered.

#13 jahwah007

jahwah007

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 13-September 12

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

sometimes things take awhile to move or are moving but not scanned. I wouldnt worry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IOP