#1 cadillak

cadillak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12
  • Locationyour moms house

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

b-Phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid, better known as phenibut or less commonly fenibut or phenybut, is a derivative of the naturally occurring inhibitory neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA). The addition of a phenyl ring allows phenibut to cross the blood brain barrier.[1] Phenibut is not approved for use in the United States or Europe, but in Russia it is sold as a neuropsychotropic drug. It has been reported by some to possessnootropic actions for its ability to improve neurological functions,[2] however other researchers have not observed these effects.[3] It is generally accepted that phenibut has anxiolytic effects in both animal models and in humans.[1] Phenibut was discovered in the Soviet Union in the 1960s, and has since been used there to treat a wide range of ailments including post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and insomnia.[2]
The name phenibut, along with many of the other names for the compound, comes directly from the chemical name for the compound, b-phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid.

theirs the official bought mine off amazon 99.5 percent pure...does a great job not as well as the benzos we all love... but a dose of this in the morning help me take about half the benzos i like..some ppl claim they did this cuz they didnt wanna take the benzos they got(lol send them too me)..check it out hits the gaba receptor same as benzos or alcohol : ))

#2 Vitalis

Vitalis

BANNED

• Banned
  • 965 posts
  • Joined 22-May 12
  • LocationSitting on a park bench...

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I've been taking this for years, I only take it once a week though because I do build a tolerance to it just like benzos and I haven't read anything about this, but it seems to be a little rough on my kidneys; it's certainly a powerful diuretic in my case. I think phenibut acts upon the GABA B receptors as opposed to GABA A like the alprazolam I used to be so fond of, but it does help me on that one day a week I take it and it certainly helps me sleep that night.

#3 doesit

doesit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12
  • LocationIsle of man(hood) :)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Strange never heard of this stuff and basically it sells over the counter,amazon only 20 quid for 90 capsules ?>to good to be true or is it placebo effect i wonder.

#4 Vitalis

Vitalis

BANNED

• Banned
  • 965 posts
  • Joined 22-May 12

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Strange never heard of this stuff and basically it sells over the counter,amazon only 20 quid for 90 capsules ?>to good to be true or is it placebo effect i wonder.

It's not a placebo effect, but it's not a benzo effect either. I personally always order the bulk powder, you get a lot more for your money that way, but it does taste like sour death so you'll have to make up your own mind on that issue.

Learn more about it and take it easy at first, you don't seem to be someone who's looking for something to abuse, but you do need to be careful with phenibut because high doses can easily cause you to fall asleep at an inopportune moment. I'm no Shattered Soldier, so I'm not able to type out a long, detailed description of its pharmacology, but if you have any specific questions about it I'll do my best to answer you.

First lesson I learned was not to take 5 grams all at once with a giant glass of grape juice; in my case that caused a solid 12 hours of sleep without being able to wake up and offload some fluids and no surprise, it was the first time I wet the bed since I was about three years old. Not pleasant, but I'm offering full disclosure here for your benefit.

#5 cadillak

cadillak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

yea get the bulk powder i ordered the liftmode 99.5 percent pure bulk powder off amazon and it definatly works alot better than anything else ive tried besides benzos

#6 Vitalis

Vitalis

BANNED

• Banned
  • 965 posts
  • Joined 22-May 12

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

So, cadillak, how pure is your phenibut???

I'd say 99.4%, but you may beg to differ...

#7 Khalifa

Khalifa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

The only experience with phenibut was with a concoction called "Relax-All With Phenibut-MRM Herbal Muscle Relaxer" It was so long ago but I remember not being happy with the feeling. Could have been that as stated about it was not in a pure form. In fact, it did not even give the amount of phenibut. Just was not for me.

~Wiz

#8 cadillak

cadillak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

The only experience with phenibut was with a concoction called "Relax-All With Phenibut-MRM Herbal Muscle Relaxer" It was so long ago but I remember not being happy with the feeling. Could have been that as stated about it was not in a pure form. In fact, it did not even give the amount of phenibut. Just was not for me.

~Wiz

yea thats why i use it with benzos u got too :))

#9 cadillak

cadillak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

So, cadillak, how pure is your phenibut???

I'd say 99.4%, but you may beg to differ...

prob man but mixed with some benzos its great : ))

#10 mickuk

mickuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 05-February 14

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

Phenibut being a GABA-B agonist, it has similarities to Baclofen.

I have / will start a Baclofen thread somewhere; some interesting properties!